JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
since I cant afford a lapua .338 I am going .308

How about a Savage Arms Model 14 Classic Left Hander?

MSRP= $811.00

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/14AMERICANCLASSICLH/

Just click "Dealer Locator" in the top right and give them a ring...for that price you should be able to afford a good scope as well and still be in your budget.

Sound like a plan? Let me know if you want something else or in a different calliber and I'll do some more digging. Savage Arms are some great rifles and should be a good "tack driver" lol...

Browning make their A-Bolt models, available in many calibres, in left handed. Tikka and Sako as well. All for well within your budget range. The Weatherby Japan models are also quite accurate, and I believe available southpaw style.

As a fellow left hander, I'd go with a Savage. I have LH models in both 300wsm and 25-06, both of which will reach out easily to the distances you reference with enough practice. Both these rifles shoot out to 330 yds when hunting with no holdover necessary when zeroed at 200. I have 4 Savage rifles all of which shoot moa groups with no aftermarket smith work. Also, Savages are often found in stock at dealers, whereas Remingtons and others usually must be ordered. Of course, these are just my personal opinions, and I'm sure Rem 700's will do the trick for you also, but for the $$ I think Savage is hard to beat.

As a fellow left hander, I'd go with a Savage. I have LH models in both 300wsm and 25-06, both of which will reach out easily to the distances you reference with enough practice. Both these rifles shoot out to 330 yds when hunting with no holdover necessary when zeroed at 200. I have 4 Savage rifles all of which shoot moa groups with no aftermarket smith work. Also, Savages are often found in stock at dealers, whereas Remingtons and others usually must be ordered. Of course, these are just my personal opinions, and I'm sure Rem 700's will do the trick for you also, but for the $$ I think Savage is hard to beat.

I will have to agree for lefty Savage does a fine job. I have a 110 in 300 WSM. Haven't shot it past 200 yards (never found the need in the PNW). It is dependable and even more affordable. I truly enjoy the rifle, besides it's set up for left hand it is consistant where the rounds will be and built where the 300 WSM round isn't a shoulder bruiser. Hard to find a better rifle for a lefty IMHO and the 300 WSM round is a great round to shoot.

Well since the title says "tack driver", I think this one fine for lefties; :D

porter-cable-nail-gun1.jpg

I have two Savages and like them both. The Model 12 F and 12 F/TR would be my choice. The F/TR won the World Team Championships in England in 2009. I don't know about the left handed part. I have the Leupold 45 x 45 mm Competition and it is amazing. It might be worth your time to look at Precision Shooting Magazine. They have a section that records many long distance competitions and each competitors equipment. A lot of Leupold 45x, B&L 36X and Sightron 36X. Good Luck

I just put together a package for my dad using a Left Handed Remington 700 SPS Varmint Barreled Action. I put it on a Choate Tactical Stock(full aluminum bedding block), which they make in a Lefty for the SA Remy's. Then I put an Evolution Gun Works 20moa base on it with Med Burris X-treme 1" rings and a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40. Finished it off with a Harris Bipod and the first 3 rounds of the barrel break in were touching @ 100 yards with cheap 150gr remington. Then it shot .565 first group after break in with Federal GMM 168gr. I have a feeling with the 26" bbl, it should do well @ 500yards.

Total spent on this package = $975
(I got the stock on sale for $125 and the scope was used for $100)
-Adam

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top