JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive always kind of dismissed it as an urban legend along the lines of Y2K,. It takes so much power to disrupt a wide area that short of an air blast hydrogen bomb over a server farm , in which case you have other things to worry about, its a non issue.I know they didnt bother training for it in any of the nuke schools I attended in the military and that was kind of my job.

8088ea3a57e4de6244d086f7c1b46198--texas-gov.jpg

Ive always kind of dismissed it as an urban legend along the lines of Y2K,. It takes so much power to disrupt a wide area that short of an air blast hydrogen bomb over a server farm , in which case you have other things to worry about, its a non issue.I know they didnt bother training for it in any of the nuke schools I attended in the military and that was kind of my job.
I've never given it much thought in terms of an intentional/man made event for those very reasons. However, a good sized coronal mass ejection can do quite a number on power delivery systems. So, preparing for it is well within what I would consider reasonable provided ones basic preps have been taken care of.

There is product called EMP Shield but don't know if works or not. The have them for cars, generators, solar panels, and your home, etc. I don't have installed any so I cannot give more information. I am not associated with them in any way either I am just putting this information out there.

https://www.empshield.com/

The EMP Commission http://www.empcommission.org/ did studies that showed the areas of concern are the power grid and communications. Most cars didn't stop, and those that did fired right back up. Your backup generator will probably fire right up as well. The report at their website is pretty detailed, but that's the Reader's Digest version.

It's estimated that one year without electricity would cause a 90% dieoff in the US.

Once upon a time we had a President that made it a priority to strengthen the grid and procure replacement transformers (no longer made in the US), but now we have Sippy Cup so that's no longer happening.

We may or may not ever see a, EMP, but will will eventually see a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) like the Carrington Event mentioned above. This is magnitudes more powerful than an EMP and all bets are off.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top