JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this post on a Facebook page regarding new laws for magizines in the UK.

So our Firearms and Explosives branch have brought in a new directive. Here, the magazine of a firearm is treated as a component part of a firearm. So, we are only allowed to have magazines for firearms that are listed on our licence. The new directive states, from now on, if I want to purchase any magazines for firearms on my licence, I have to apply to firearms branch for permission, at a cost of £26 per transaction.
21 Comments

Comment

It's NOT the UK, it is Northern Ireland, the part of the UK that is also part of the island of Ireland. Right now it is still unclear how it can possibly be enforceable.

However, this is from the PSNI pages -

It has come to the attention of the Firearms and Explosives Branch that Firearms Certificate holders are purchasing 'magazines' for their firearms without first making an application to this Branch.

This Branch is therefore requesting that all Firearm Certificate Holders apply before you buy.
  • This will include all firearms and component parts, including magazines.
  • Component parts, including magazines are subject to certificate control and may be authorised if an applicant needs replacement or interchangeable parts.
To apply simply complete an online application – instructions on how to complete are as follows:
  • TYPE – this is where an FAC holder would select 'MAGAZINE' in the dropdown i.e. Magazine x 1 if only one magazine required or Magazine x 2 if 2 magazines are required etc.
  • MAKE , MODEL, CALIBRE, SERIAL NUMBER - the FAC holder would enter the details of the firearm they want the magazine for.
  • Good reason required under REASON which should include the magazine capacity.
  • If it is to be purchased over the internet then at PROOF OF PURCHASE and DEALER NAME there is the facility to enter for example 'Online purchase' and the name of the company.
  • Once your updated Firearms Certificate (FAC) is received your new firearm or component part can be ordered or collected.
  • Please refer to the Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 2004 Articles 2 (2) and 3(1) b for further information.
Please be aware that it is an offence for an individual to purchase or possess a firearm or component part including magazines unless an application has been made to and approved by this Branch.
If ordering online please be aware that import licensing and the importation of firearms is now the responsibility of the Department for International Trade (DIT). We refer you to the DIT's Notice to Importers 2922 issued on 16/07/19 - paragraph 6 (importing firearms subject to possession controls in the UK) and paragraph 17 (non-commercial imports of firearms, their components and ammunition). Any further queries regarding importing should be referred to the Department for International Trade.
Please be aware that it would then be your responsibility to comply with this notice and deal with import duties, customs and any other requirements.

I'm minded of the sayments - 'thin end of the wedge', 'foot in the door' and so on. Don't overlook that in your nation's capital you can be prosecuted for the 'illegal possession' of a fired cartridge case...

Lived in the Midlands when Dunblane happened, saw the resulting politics of scapegoating fueled by popular sentiment manipulated by media. Operates a lot like that here, difference being there is organized, unapologetic, push back.

My memory is, culturally, that "nice, normal people do not like guns" was the predominant thought. Never did pursue shooting while there.

Funny enough, after being there a few years a couple of my mates confessed that they could get a hand gun whenever they wanted. They "knew people". Couldn't be public about it of course, but according to them there were lots of places around Birmingham they could go to "rent" a gun if they "needed" to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top