JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks!

I'm planning on doing several installments to the blog - probably one or two more with the pieces parts (especially when the stock arrives). Then I'll do some before / after engraving shots. Then a primary assembly before bluing, etc.

Did you order the stock through Ironwood? That was the only one I found? Initially, I was looking at converting an RPK parts kit, but I don't have all the machining equipment necessary. That is going to be one heck of a rifle.

Did you order the stock through Ironwood? That was the only one I found? Initially, I was looking at converting an RPK parts kit, but I don't have all the machining equipment necessary. That is going to be one heck of a rifle.

Yeah - I picked up the Ironwood one - it hasn't arrived yet though... :(

Still waiting on a front trunion as well, then I'm shipping off all of the parts for engraving... :D

Bookmarked your blog. I am interested in your progress. Think you sparked my interest in one of these again.

Tuck

Seems to be going around - I did the transfer for the NDS receiver through a board member, and now he's thinking about one (flash hider and trigger group came with the receiver)... :D

I wish they could import them. But that last AK you posted pictures of as great. Still need to have mine refinished like that one. Besides, your build is going to be fun and more rewarding. And when you get tired of the Tabuk, you can give me a hollerand we'll trade. :D

I wish they could import them. But that last AK you posted pictures of as great. Still need to have mine refinished like that one. Besides, your build is going to be fun and more rewarding. And when you get tired of the Tabuk, you can give me a hollerand we'll trade. :D

Like I said, I'll probably end up building two... but will probably end up selling one to partially defray the costs... :s0114: :s0112: :s0114: :s0112: :s0114:

So is this what you're going for? Got any info links, I hadn't heard of this unique specimen. 57b592bb11bb46562407e9c586bf6ac6.jpg

So is this what you're going for? Got any info links, I hadn't heard of this unique specimen. 57b592bb11bb46562407e9c586bf6ac6.jpg

Got that poster - there are better pix on the web as that one's buttstock isn't exactly right (or its a variant):

<broken link removed> (real one down toward the bottom of the thread)

Lots of good shots here: <broken link removed>

What are you using for the barrel?

Green Mountain made custom barrels - only catch is they're about 2" too long - I'm going to try to get it shortened to the proper length and re-threaded...

If you hit my blog it has some of the data on it - though I'm going to have to update parts...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top