JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you think about the T/C encore rifle?? Picked one up for less than a song... Barrels include a 30-06, 223, and 300 win mag. Seems like it will do it all. and then some. How are they for accuracey, range and dependability?I don't know much about, so I turn to the community ..... any ideas? Thanks in advancethumbup:

I had one about 10 years ago and loved it. 338-06 AI, one shot every time. BUT.....It was stainless and the frame kept rusting. I mean rusting like no tomorrow the same day I would be hunting in the rain. I sent it back to the factory and they told me some stainless frames had been bead blasted with media contaminated with iron particles. They re-blasted it and sent it back. They didn't even bother disassembling it and blasted it with the trigger mechanism in place. The trigger was so crunchy from all the glass beads inside it barely fired. I called and nicely complained and sent it back again and got it back again with grit in it and it still rusted. I threw my hands up in frustration, sold it and started playing with Savages because I like to try many different calibers. All bubbleguming aside I like Encores and am trying to sell some stuff so I can build another Encore in 280 AI. Usually guys with single shots know how to hit what they're aiming at.:cool:

Contender fan here, and the Encore is simply the same idea with the cajones to handle the high head-pressure cartridges. It saddens me to hear the story of the stainless frame noted above, but give Thompson credit for admitting (and knowing) the issue. Their solution in this case is less than what I have come to expect from them. My experience with them has been very "Leupold-like", in that two issues were resolved BEYOND my expectations (one was a blackpowder kit gun that came with a defective barrel: they replaced it with a factory blued barrel. The second was a Contender barrel -bought used- that did not lock up correctly: they overhauled it to 2nd generation lock-up at no charge.)

The hunter who carries a single-shot into the field garners silent respect from anyone who meets him. By and large, he's earned and keeps that respect.

Been shooting Contenders, Encores and TCRs for years and Love them...I have had a bunch of different barrels/calibers for the Contenders over the years but just have a few now in both handgun and carbine length...not so many for the Encore at this time I have a 300 win Mag and my new favorite which is a custom 8mm/06 from MGM...All of my barrels will do under an inch at a 100 if I do my part

The old Contenders and the TCR have adjustable triggers, the new contenders and the Encore don't...My Encore trigger just ain't that bad but if you wish to clean it up Mike Bellm down in Grants Pass OR has the instruction to do so or he will do it for you...

There is something about shooting/hunting with a single shot that just inspires confidence and then shooting a rifle cartridge out of a handgun is just a rush....

Love my encore I got a 22 hornet, 204, and 243 for mine they all shoot great no complaints. I did the mike belm trigger job with the oversized hindge pin great guns.

Picked one up here from another member a few weeks ago and already have a 22 hornet, 44 mag and 45/70 (in route).
The only issue I have is the hornet barrel has the older one piece locking bolt and needs to be upgraded to a 2 piece.
Great guns!

Picked one up here from another member a few weeks ago and already have a 22 hornet, 44 mag and 45/70 (in route).
The only issue I have is the hornet barrel has the older one piece locking bolt and needs to be upgraded to a 2 piece.
Great guns!

I've had several of the older barrels w/1 pc lug...Call T/C they sent me 4 of them for nothing

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top