JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know if Synthetic breaks down in the semi-long term? Reason is I changed my quad oil last summer and probably didn't put 10 hours on it all year including the whole two times I had to move a little snow. Anyway I am thinking of just replacing the oil filter and running it this summer. At 7+ dollars a quart for the special oil it uses I would like to get at least another summer out of it.

I think you are fine, but you might want to check the forums at bobistheoilguy.com. There are guys there just as crazy about all aspects of lubrication and things like filters as we are about guns, maybe even more so.

Whats the cost of an oil change? Whats the cost of a new engine? What piece of mind worth?

I've heard of the diesel guys using Blackstone and for 25 bucks you can send them a sample and they will tell you if it's good or bad, but at 7 bucks a quart, that's 3 quarts of oil. I can't imagine your quad taking more then that.

Last Edited:
Anyone know if Synthetic breaks down in the semi-long term? Reason is I changed my quad oil last summer and probably didn't put 10 hours on it all year including the whole two times I had to move a little snow. Anyway I am thinking of just replacing the oil filter and running it this summer. At 7+ dollars a quart for the special oil it uses I would like to get at least another summer out of it.

Don't even worry about it. Run it this summer. Hell, run it next summer too.

They always say to run your bike for about a half hour to get the water evaporated out of the case.
As long as there wasn't a ton of water or other crap that got into the case,I wouldn't worry about it either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top