JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a Trident 9, pretty nice can. Like some others out there, it is a dry can that can be ran wet. The instruction manual says you can spit in the can to make it work better. Specifically says, to avoid 'capture', a good way to dispose of the can is to throw it in a large body of water as it will sink very quickly. I guess they thought of everything. Plus, it has the ability to be ran on a subgun, or use the Neilson device and run it on your handgun. I think if you are talking 5.56 or .30 cal suppressors, there are nicer models out there. Gemtechs are always a safe bet, AAC and Surefire probably the best.

Thanks for the comments, folks.

To the question of what I'm looking at, a Spectre for a P22. I (will) have an AAC M4-2000 in about a month barring any ATF hiccups for my 5.56.

I'm generally open to any brand based on people experience, so I'm not really set on one per sé.

Thanks again.

If you are looking for a .22 suppressor, just about any will do. I have a Tac-65 which is disassemblable and quite quiet. It was one of the cheaper ones, so it is definitely worth looking into.

I've shot a friends Spectre and it's awesome. I wish I had got one of those instead of the Warlock I got, Warlocks are GREAT but not take apart, and the Spectre is just as quiet and take apart as well as multi-caliber. My friend has a threaded .17HMR which you still have the ballistic "crack" but the shot itself is hearing safe. The Spectre also is .22 mag, and 5.7 capable which may be a plus. Also the Spectre is about $100 less than the AAC Element (IIRC).

You might also consider looking at the Silencerco Sparrows. The big downside to .22 cans is that lead vapor and carbon eventually will fill the can. The SWR Spectre can be disassembled, but after a lot of shooting, it will be difficult to do so, even with their pusher tool. That's where the Sparrow really shines- they patented a clamshell type sleeve that fits between the baffle stack and the main tube that makes for VERY easy disassembly. I've run over a thousand rounds through mine without cleaning it just to see if it would gunk up to the point where I couldn't take it apart, and the sleeve came out just fine.

Silencerco just released their Gen2 Sparrow that is an inch shorter than the previous model, (and an inch shorter than the Spectre) and now it's made of stainless, so you can clean it in aggressive cleaning agents like "dip" with no ill effects.

BGRF

You might also consider looking at the Silencerco Sparrows. The big downside to .22 cans is that lead vapor and carbon eventually will fill the can. The SWR Spectre can be disassembled, but after a lot of shooting, it will be difficult to do so, even with their pusher tool. That's where the Sparrow really shines- they patented a clamshell type sleeve that fits between the baffle stack and the main tube that makes for VERY easy disassembly. I've run over a thousand rounds through mine without cleaning it just to see if it would gunk up to the point where I couldn't take it apart, and the sleeve came out just fine.

Silencerco just released their Gen2 Sparrow that is an inch shorter than the previous model, (and an inch shorter than the Spectre) and now it's made of stainless, so you can clean it in aggressive cleaning agents like "dip" with no ill effects.

BGRF

The new Sparrow is 4db quieter also.:s0155:

I'll have them in stock next week.

For SWR, They are one of the best silencer manufacturers out there.
Their marketing isn't as good as Gemtax, so there are fewer fanbois.

BGRF

Agreed,,,, If I were in the market for another .22 can. It would probably be the 2 gen sparrow. Looks like a great can,,,

BTW: SWR is a great company. :cool:

I only have one can: the SWR Warlock. I couldn't be happier with it. After talking at length with Pat at ORL-LLC, we concluded that it was going to be a long, long time before I needed to disassemble my suppressor for cleaning. Until that time, the Warlock remains the clear winner, since it's shorter, cheaper, and less than half the weight of the Spectre.

I only shoot subsonic through it, so I'm not punishing the baffles. After it dries out, a fine, beige powder pours out of it without any coaxing. I weighed it brand-new, so I'm tracking the buildup inside it, and it's not much.

My next one will be in .45, and I expect to get the HEMS II for the Nielsen device. I'm sold on SWR.

My next one will be in .45, and I expect to get the HEMS II for the Nielsen device. I'm sold on SWR.

The HEMS II is a very good can but there are newer cans that are significantly quieter. Check out the SilencerCo Osprey and AAC Ti-Rant, both as quiet or quieter dry than the HEMS is wet, and very effective on subcalibers. I shoot 9mm and .45 thru my 45Osprey.

SilCo Sparrow is tops. I'll be sending mine back next month for an upgrade to stainless steel:) Spectre is a great can but must be cleaned every few hundred rounds. Sparrow 1,000 rounds:cool: BTW, Gemtax & AAC arent that great of companies to deal with.

SilCo Sparrow is tops. I'll be sending mine back next month for an upgrade to stainless steel:) Spectre is a great can but must be cleaned every few hundred rounds. Sparrow 1,000 rounds:cool: BTW, Gemtax & AAC arent that great of companies to deal with.

Just curious, why the spectre would need to be cleaned every few hundred rounds?

SWR recommends 1000 rnds between cleanings,,,:)

Just curious, why the spectre would need to be cleaned every few hundred rounds?

SWR recommends 1000 rnds between cleanings,,,:)

Probably because it gets difficult to take apart and cleaning at that point is a pain.

I love my SWR Spectre but if the Silencerco Sparrow were available at the time I would have chosen it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top