JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Anybody done the upgrade on their SWR Spectre?

Since my threads were messed up and I didn't have a baffle pusher I decided to just bite the bullet and do the upgrade.

Should have mine back next week.

Let me know if you did it and if you were happy with the upgrade.

Shoulda asked at the other place. I'd have loaned you my pusher. I had my Warlock upgraded, but didn't really see the point of upgrading my Spectre. I don't know, you'll have to report on yours when you get it back.

I am happy with my Warlock upgrade though,,, :)

Shoulda asked at the other place. I'd have loaned you my pusher. I had my Warlock upgraded, but didn't really see the point of upgrading my Spectre. I don't know, you'll have to report on yours when you get it back.

I just figured that with all the things that I needed to get fixed that I might as well just spend the money on the upgrade. Having screwed up threads has made it really difficult using a 1/2-20 to 1/2-28 adapter on my CZ452.

It should be back next week and i'll be able to test it out.

Shipped it off on Thursday last week and got it back today. Came in a new Spectre II box with a case and take down tool.

Shot it out the back door and it's every bit as quiet or quieter than before the upgrade.

For me the $200 was totally worth it, fixed some issues that I had created and no longer have to worry about having a baffle pusher.

Silencerco and SWR are awesome and will for sure be getting more of my money.:winkkiss:

Hey guys, I clicked around a little bit and didn't find a specific answer. So forgive me if this is a dumb question...

Are you saying the Spectre II needs an upgrade, or that the original Spectre can be upgraded to a II? Thanks in advance.

"I gots to know."

Hey guys, I clicked around a little bit and didn't find a specific answer. So forgive me if this is a dumb question...

Are you saying the Spectre II needs an upgrade, or that the original Spectre can be upgraded to a II? Thanks in advance.

"I gots to know."

The original Spectre can be upgraded to be awesome like the Spectre II.

The Spectre II is possibly the greatest .22 silencer ever created.

That's a relief, thanks fellers!

The Spectre II is my first NFA toy and it's only been in my grubby paws for a couple weeks now (took ATF 6.5 months to lick a stamp). I read this thread and was a little taken aback when I thought I might need some $200 upgrade now, too.

Totally satified thus far. Haven't shot it enough with my Ruger 22/45 to need cleaning yet, but I wanted something with robust stainless baffles that I can soak in aggressive cleaning solutions without harming anything.

I also ordered a second barrel for my 10/22, threaded. It's in the mail now and I can hardly wait!

When did you request the upgrade and when did SWR contact you to send in your Warlock? I haven't heard back for ~8 months!

When did you request the upgrade and when did SWR contact you to send in your Warlock? I haven't heard back for ~8 months!

It was 2-4 weeks from requesting until they e-mailed me saying to send it in.

I'd give them a call. I have heard of others missing the e-mail or having the e-mail end up in the junk folder.

It was 2-4 weeks from requesting until they e-mailed me saying to send it in.

I'd give them a call. I have heard of others missing the e-mail or having the e-mail end up in the junk folder.

Wow. Yeah, the web form was trashing my message before it got sent so I called them 8 months ago and made sure I was on the list by giving them my info over the phone. I guess I'll call again!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top