JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Executive summary:

Under the new Federal Law on Police Measures to Combat Terrorism (PMT), the police – mostly without prior judicial control and due process guarantees – will be able to target people solely on the basis of the assumption that they could constitute a danger in the future and impose drastic control orders on them.
The police will be permitted to use foot shackles, no-contact orders, zone bans and even preventive house arrest against persons who have not committed a crime or who are not suspected of preparing to commit a crime. Except for house arrest, the Federal Police can order these measures on its own authority and without judicial scrutiny. The measures can even be taken against 12-year-old children, except for house arrest, which can be applied to 15-year-olds.

The Patriot Act 2 details have been in the news the last week too.

I looked at it briefly online the other day, I CRS which website it was on now - I read a TON of news from all sides on most days but NOT every single day, and it is ON the Whitehouse dot gov website too. There was another LINK to the WH website but I did not want to go to it that day to read more salami.

Take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews