JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last year I bought a CZ527 Varmint in 204 Ruger. Put a Pentax Pioneer 4.5x14 scope on it. Couldn't get it to line up right. Got it out a couple weeks ago. Frustrated with not enough windage control to get centered. All the way to the right and still off by 3". No adjustment in the rings.

Got to looking at the other guns. Have a BAR 300WSM with a Nilon 4x16 Monarch scope. The interesting point was the adjustable mount.

Swapped them out, and centered both for windage. Unbelievable at the range. Had a 4'x4' paper set up at 50 yards with 4" orange target dots. The BAR was 1" low and 2" right, but in the orange dot. The CZ was about 4" low and 6" right, well within the adjustment range of the Nikon.

Got both right where I wanted them. Very happy with the CZ today. The BAR with the BOSS is very accurate for a hunter. 150 gr Hornady Interbonds, two touching at 100 yds was where I left her.

I was at ARPC from about 9am to noon. Shot the Ed Brown Exec Target at 50 yards while the long guns cooled down. Very different from shooting little groups at 100 yards to trying to hit the paper at 50 yards.

Came home and loaded up some more .204.

Bowling pins this Thursday!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top