JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hi Guys:
I have a number of Swiss K31's. I need to cull the heard a bit. A face-to-face deal would be preferred but not an absolute.
There is no dogs in the bunch. I have meticulously gone through each one of my K31's. I completely disassemble each one and do a thorough inspection of all parts, check headspace. As usual they all exhibit the usual near perfect barrels and all the ingenious engineering that makes these special and perhaps the most accurate standard issue bolt rifle ever made. Each one is also numbers matching i.e., stock, handguard, magazine, barrel, receiver, bolt sleeve. I have 3 or 4 with Hammerli barrels and some with beechwood stocks and some with walnut stocks.
Each stock is inspected for cracks and/or damage. Then I take great care in servicing the stocks/handguards to bring back it's original mil-spec fit and feel. Keep in mind some have been issued and some perhaps not. But all are in excellent condition while retaining the original lines and fit and finish. Because of the very limited nature of the work some small dings and marks from use are still present. However, only very few have places where the wood grain has been breached. I was very selective when I originally bought these as I didn't want a K31 that looks like a dirty coal miner after a long day at work.
Then on those that had considerable wear showing on the metal I had all the metal that would have been blued, I had it professionally Cerakoted in Graphite Black. Cerakote is a hi-tech coating that is tough as nails with high lubricity and looks incredible. Any metal in the white I cleaned as needed by removing any tarnish that has become present after years and lightly polished. I have taken great care to not detract from the K31's original feel. These rifles are quite stunning and have a super feel in the hands.
Then I meticulously lubricate and reassemble checking for proper bedding and barrel preload at the muzzle end of the forearm and for proper fit and finish.
Then I test fire each one and check accuracy using GP11 ammo. Usually about 20 rds.
If you are looking for a K31 that is untouched, untested this probably isn't for you. But if you want a K31 that has been tested accurate and is a show stopper give it a look.
I have attached photos from just one of these. Feel free to as for more photos or info. Prices can be somewhat flexible and varies depending on the particular rifle you consider but none less than $700.
The top K31 in the photos is an exceptional piece being as close to brand new as possible. This one I needed to do almost nothing to. The diopter sights do DO NOT come with the rifles. I use the diopters to test accuracy of the rifles. And a couple photos of one of my beechwood K31's being shot
The K31 with the shooter at the bench, I would need $650

IMG_6605.JPG

IMG_6609.JPG

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_7046.JPG

Last Edited:
I've added a couple of photos of another beechwood K31. This one has been Cerakoted
I would need $650 for this one also

IMG_7159.JPG

IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7162.JPG

IMG_7152.JPG

Last Edited:
Yet another K31 to consider:cool: This one is mechanically like new with what appears to be a near new Hammerli barrel. It's a beechwood stock that has a few dings from use but no cracks, chips or water or hobnail boot damage at the bottom of the stock like so many of them have.
I would need $600 on this one.

This K31 has been sold. Thanks

IMG_5805.JPG

IMG_5807.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

IMG_6797.JPG

IMG_6804.JPG

Last Edited:
Yet another K31 to consider:cool: This one is mechanically like new with what appears to be a near new Hammerli barrel. It's a beechwood stock that has a few dings from use but no cracks, chips or water or hobnail boot damage at the bottom of the stock like so many of them have.

Do you have a price or do we need to call you.

Hi I was told that you are one of the best when it comes to the K31. I have one that I am wanting to sell but have no idea what to ask for it. also How much would you charge for a rebluing job on it. I would place it at about 85 to 90% right now but I am not sure. I am sending along some pics of it please get back to me on this if you would and thank you.
Dave
GySgt U.S.M.C. Retired

pix095161297.jpg pix227440123.jpg pix229237219.jpg pix233800413.jpg pix282867852.jpg pix291175527.jpg pix490654722.jpg pix431489652.jpg

Hi Dave:
I love my Marines :) Funny story, I used to work with a Marine, Staff Sgt. Scott. I would make fun of him telling him "you're just a glorified sailor". He would say "yeah, but I worked in the men's department".
Anyway, that looks like a very nice K. Obviously beech wood and I can tell it's been refinished. But it looks like whoever did it did a decent job. I could tell more if I had it in hand. Have you looked-up what year it is?
When I have the metal redone it's not blued, it's Cerakote. It provides a finish that is tough, durable and borders on spectacular. I can send you the info. on the professional that does my Cerakote. (Legendary Coatings). He charges me $120 to do the job. And that is with the metal being fully prepped prior to him getting it. Keep in mind the entire rifle would need to be disassembled. The only 2 parts that are not separated is the barrel from the receiver. Then there is some other metal prep that is needed before it gets Cerakote. Then there is a level of experience that is needed to reassemble properly.
Provided it is in excellent mechanical condition with an excellent bore, all numbers matching. And if the wood is without cracks, chips or appreciable damage, with the bluing that is on it now. I'm going to throw a ballpark figure of $600 on the open market.
However, much like when a person wants to sell their used car they often think that if they do this, that or the other thing to it before they sell it, it will sell better. Problem is that almost
without exception they never recover the extra money they just put into it. If you sell it, sell it as is. You'll come out better.
Cool?
Thanks
-David

Here's one I just finished.
1942 K31, with 1954 super-duper clean beech wood. Excellent condition. Obviously arsenal refurbished some time after 1954. All number matching.
I had this Cerakote in a brand new Cerakote color. It's called Kobalt.
Here's a link to a live review I did.

Last Edited:
Hi Dave:
I love my Marines :) Funny story, I used to work with a Marine, Staff Sgt. Scott. I would make fun of him telling him "you're just a glorified sailor". He would say "yeah, but I worked in the men's department".
Anyway, that looks like a very nice K. Obviously beech wood and I can tell it's been refinished. But it looks like whoever did it did a decent job. I could tell more if I had it in hand. Have you looked-up what year it is?
When I have the metal redone it's not blued, it's Cerakote. It provides a finish that is tough, durable and borders on spectacular. I can send you the info. on the professional that does my Cerakote. (Legendary Coatings). He charges me $120 to do the job. And that is with the metal being fully prepped prior to him getting it. Keep in mind the entire rifle would need to be disassembled. The only 2 parts that are not separated is the barrel from the receiver. Then there is some other metal prep that is needed before it gets Cerakote. Then there is a level of experience that is needed to reassemble properly.
Provided it is in excellent mechanical condition with an excellent bore, all numbers matching. And if the wood is without cracks, chips or appreciable damage, with the bluing that is on it now. I'm going to throw a ballpark figure of $600 on the open market.
However, much like when a person wants to sell their used car they often think that if they do this, that or the other thing to it before they sell it, it will sell better. Problem is that almost
without exception they never recover the extra money they just put into it. If you sell it, sell it as is. You'll come out better.
Cool?
Thanks
-David
Thanks Dave. Yes i used to always tell the sailors basically the same thing "That the Marine Corp was a department of the Navy "The men's Departmant".lol. anyway The rifle truly does look to be in Excellent condition in the way of the receiver and the bluing job. all original I would place the bluing at probably 90 to 92%. The rifle is stamped 11 49 under the butt plate so I am thinking that it was made in 1949. Over all i was hoping to get at least $600 to $650 for it in the present condition that it is in. I do have another one that I will also be selling and it was made in 1939 if my memory serves me right and it is the dark walnut. the bluing on that one is probably at about 85 to 90% and i was thinking about possibly having the stock redone on it also. it isn't in bad condition by any means just wanted to have it cleaned up is all. also theree was no Magazine with it when I won it on the auction site so I had to order an brand new after market one from a company that manufactures them here in the U.S. to exactly the Swiss specs. They came highly recommended. The mag looks great but I really would have wanted to have an original magazine even if there was no serial # on it. at least then I could have listed it as being all original. Dave can you give any advise on where I might be able to find one or if I should even consider having the dark stock redone on it or not/ Thanks for all of your help.

Here's one I just finished.
1942 K31, with 1954 super-duper clean beech wood. Excellent condition. Obviously arsenal refurbished some time after 1954. All number matching.
I had this Cerakote in a brand new Cerakote color. It's called Kobalt.
Here's a link to a live review I did.

Wow, what a beautiful rifle!

Dave, pictures of the walnut K ?
There is plenty of original K31 mags on GB ............ but they are all over $120

Sorry about that I forgot to include them,lol. That's what happens to you when you reach my age,lol. let me know what you think honestly. There are only 4 or 5 so I realize that it doesn't give you much room to judge the condition. as for the magazines being on GB yes there are but I would like to get one without a serial #. should I have the walnut stock redone or not?

23997055_1.jpg 23997055_2.jpg 23997055_3.jpg 23997055_4.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.