JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, I'm not impressed. :rolleyes:

In my day Marine Boots had to qualify with the M1 at 500 yards with open sights.:s0093:
Did you run out to that distance setup camera and target climb up that hill run back sweaty and still get that close give it I am 63 years old I you we're 19

Sagia308

Actually, I had just turned, young and dumb 17 and why did you run :s0092:

Haven't you heard the story of the young bull that told the old bull, let's run down there and "Get" a couple of those heffers. The old bull said, "Why don't we walk down and get them all? :s0023: (83 and still counting) ;)

Sagia308

Actually, I had just turned, young and dumb 17 and why did you run :s0092:

Haven't you heard the story of the young bull that told the old bull, let's run down there and "Get" a couple of those heffers. The old bull said, "Why don't we walk down and get them all? :s0023: (83 and still counting) ;)
Memory only lasts 26 minutes on remote camera

qualify with the M1 at 500 yards with open sights
I entered the US Army in 1969, we trained on the M14 Rifle at that time. I can't recall, and may not have known at the time, the distance to the random pop-up targets on the qualification course. Some were far, some were not so far. BUT: They weren't bullseye paper targets, they were automatically resetting targets about the size of a human upper torso. They were about the size of the rectangular steel sheet shown in the OP's video. A strike on it anywhere counted as a scoring hit. Including shots that fell short and sprayed dirt on the target that would cause it to fall and reset. Of course our rifles had open sights. These days, I would be very hard pressed to see much less hit a target at 600 yards; I might manage it with a scope. As a practical matter, my use of firearms these days would be at relatively short ranges. You just can't get long shots where I live.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top