JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll admit I'm a Leupold guy through and through... but I'm tempted to try something new on a rifle I picked up last weekend. (IE what I want is costing way more than I can afford right now and I hate having a rifle without a scope on it!)

So anyways I started looking around at some scope reviews and started seeing these SWFA Super Sniper scopes popping up with highly regarded opinions.

Does anyone locally have one that they could give me their take on?

I'm personally looking at picking this one up.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P500.aspx

I have the same scope but in a rear-focus model on an M1A.
It's great.
Simple, clear, rugged, relatively inexpesive and well-tested.<broken link removed> recently reviewed one of their scopes and has a video of the review. It's fluffy, but informative.
The only issue I have had with mine (purchased used) is that the turret indexing was sloppy. Once they were re-lubed they worked great.
Cheers,
Jorge

I've had one of their 10x fixed for about the last 5 years. It's a well made scope is clear and bright. The only thing about it I can comment on is that the fixed power scopes have a very narrow field of view. It's fine for shooting off a bench but too narrow for hunting. Other than that, it was 300.00 well spent.

Any idea what caused the turret to get sloppy? Was it improper use by the original owner?
Nah, nothing that serious...the lubrication on the turret o-rings evaporated or was displaced so there was increased friction when rotating the turrets. So much so that you couldn't feel the already-light detents that well. Once it was lubed it worked fine....and has since last year.
J

Sloppy turrets are one complaint- relube and replace orings. I can't remember which o-rings they take but if you google you will find it. They are excellent scopes for the $$, at least when I reviewed them when I picked one up for my Savage:

IMG_2911.jpg
IMG_2909.jpg
IMG_2907.jpg

I also have a rear focus model on a Larue SPR mount on my target AR.
It holds zero and seems to work as it should.
This is my only mil dot reticle scope and I love the range estimating and bullet drop compensation estimation capabilities it gives you.

Here is the view through mine at 250 yards
the black circles are 6" diameter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top