JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like it will work great---as long as you have a straight grained round piece of
firewood cut square on both ends to start with.

We tried these at an annual Campout this past Summer. We tried one that was cut with a chainsaw and one where I split a log four ways. Both worked great! I boiled a large pot of water on one. It did smoke a bit at first but I raised the pot up using a few stones and it helped get more oxygen to the flames.

Because its Scandinavian and we all know viking methods are best ;)

actually a fairly neat method if you can get it to start and you can control the burn rate/temp by adjusting the gaps between the wood.

Only need one block of wood for a cook fire and no extra equipment other than a pot/pan is needed. Also it works in a very small space so it is pretty compact as fires go.

Well, if you have equipment to get such even blocks of wood, why not just bring something else for cooking needs ? Primitive methods are nice when primitive is all you got - chainsaw and axe are way far from being primitive :D

This kid actually has a lot of great videos. Of course you have to realize his area is very different than the NW.

If you aren't gaming this stuff where you live, you will be screwed if it ever comes down to it.

Army FMs are awesome. but until you actually DO IT, it's all theory.

My SHTF plan all involves me staying where I am. I think it's a lot more sustainable long-term than running for the hills.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top