JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Swarovski has reduced the price on Their EL SV line by $500 to make room for a new line up.
I have contemplated buying a pair at this sale price in 8.5x42.
Anyone know what could be so much better with what they will replace these with?
I've seen a few for sale on different classified ads. Curious if people are selling to upgrade to the latest technology or cant justify holding onto high end glass if they aren't going to use it.

I run 10x42 EL's also. If you can hold them steady and will be using at longer distances then go 10x, if you can't hold them steady or will be doing lots of glassing at closer distances then I would go with the 8x. Go to one of the local retailers if you have any doubt and spend some time behind any glass in the same price range/class as everyone's eyes are different.

what do you mean by 'Rolling Sphere' effect?
Some people see a "rolling sphere" when you pan. The best I can describe it, is there is a optical ball that moves along as you pan. Not everybody has the issue, only certain eyes. I bought the SLC instead of the flagship. I'm very happy with my SLCs though.

Some people see a "rolling sphere" when you pan. The best I can describe it, is there is a optical ball that moves along as you pan. Not everybody has the issue, only certain eyes. I bought the SLC instead of the flagship. I'm very happy with my SLCs though.
I looked at the SLCs and ELs side by side a couple years back. maybe that's what I was seeing and not liking. I was gonna buy a pair of the 10x42 SLCs but just as I was ready to pull the trigger, they disco'd and sold out of them and the ELs are still over budget :(

I looked at the SLCs and ELs side by side a couple years back. maybe that's what I was seeing and not liking. I was gonna buy a pair of the 10x42 SLCs but just as I was ready to pull the trigger, they disco'd and sold out of them and the ELs are still over budget :(
I had read about the rolling sphere before shopping, so made it a point to try them before buying. I love my SLCs.

I've used my AS80 Swarovsky spotting scope for a few decades. Factory did full clean & tune a while back. You never tire of pristine clarity. Someday I may pass them on. Great tripod helps higher magnification.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top