JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I have been trying to find some information about the legality of swapping barrels out of a carry weapon. I have a Glock 23 that is my EDC and was wondering if it would be legal for me to put an aftermarket 9mm barrel in it and still carry it. I still plan of carrying the .40 cal but would like to have the option for the 9mm if I felt the need.

Thanks for any link or info you can provide.

Chipperxd

IIRC a while back you could buy a SIG that included both a .40 and .357 barrel (may have been a different gun). Other than possible warranty issues the only other thing I can think of is that you wouldn't be able to sell it with only the 9mm barrel as it would not have the required serial number. See 18 USC 922 (k).

OK, I'll try this again for some reason I got shut out.

I had a KelTec P-11 with a P-40 conversion slide and barrel, then I got a .357 SIG barrel for the P-40 slide so I had a choice of three calibers. They all worked fine. Since they were all factory parts there was no warranty problem. I still have a P-40 with the .40 barrel and the .357 SIG barrel. Ugly since I had the slide hard chromed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top