JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy all, I just wanted to do a quick comparison between a few budget LVPO scopes that I own/have tried in my pursuit of the perfect blend of cost and performance, as well as personal reticle preference. I recently picked up a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 with MOA reticle and green illumination. So far I'm very impressed, it's lighter than my Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS and Viper PSTII and includes a very nice throw lever and decent covers. It's not as close to true 1x as the Viper, but closer than the PA. The glass is about 90% as clear as the Viper and nicer than the PA. The illumination seems on par with PA and not as bright as the red dot of the Viper. The locking turrets of the SF have a (mostly) satisfying click unlike the PA and Viper which are somewhat mushy. All track well. They're all built well with the Viper being the most beefy and the PA looking and feeling most like a "cheap" optic. Eyebox is great on all but the PA which is merely acceptable imo. Overall, I'd say the Viper wins in terms of glass quality and 1x use, but the reticles of the PA and SF are better. In terms of bang for your buck, it's hard to beat the SF's good glass, 1-10 capability, and included throw lever and covers as well as great warranty. And no, none of these touch the Razor despite what some online are saying.

I actually just got my 1-10 and was very impressed for the price point. I liked that they included the throw lever and the caps, but the caps don't work well with the focus ring.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone considering a more budget friendly large magnication lpvo.

I wish they made a FFP version, but the SFP worked pretty well.

IMG_1465.jpg

Interesting, I like the primary arms offering for what it is, which is a high performer compared to cost offering, LPVO.

Higher priced Trijicon and Leupold branded scopes with their sourced glass definitely transmit light better, comparing the Accupoint to the Primary arms SFP 1x8 definitely gives a win to the accupo but the ACSS reticle on a mounted scope thats less than $400 for 1x8 really gives the budget minded person a very capable carbine. $500 carbine, $400 1x8 with ACSS - people who've barely trained can put minute of pie plate shots on target out for hundreds of yards.

That all being said, the MOA or MIL reticle systems are more designed around calculating distances and putting precise shots on target for those calculated distances, the ACSS is more designed around "close enough" type of shooting.

Glad you are enjoying your scope.

Interesting, I like the primary arms offering for what it is, which is a high performer compared to cost offering, LPVO.

Higher priced Trijicon and Leupold branded scopes with their sourced glass definitely transmit light better, comparing the Accupoint to the Primary arms SFP 1x8 definitely gives a win to the accupo but the ACSS reticle on a mounted scope thats less than $400 for 1x8 really gives the budget minded person a very capable carbine. $500 carbine, $400 1x8 with ACSS - people who've barely trained can put minute of pie plate shots on target out for hundreds of yards.

That all being said, the MOA or MIL reticle systems are more designed around calculating distances and putting precise shots on target for those calculated distances, the ACSS is more designed around "close enough" type of shooting.

Glad you are enjoying your scope.
I like their stuff. However, the glass was similar to my old Strike Eagle and that's no Bueno for me. Brand new the 1-10 SF can be regularly had for $420, there's coupons everywhere. Their BDC reticle is great too, but I dislike cluttered reticles

I like their stuff. However, the glass was similar to my old Strike Eagle and that's no Bueno for me. Brand new the 1-10 SF can be regularly had for $420, there's coupons everywhere. Their BDC reticle is great too, but I dislike cluttered reticles

Makes sense, it is a lot of reticle, that's for sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top