JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have reloaded many many pistol and rifle rounds but have never had the need to swage brass until now. I know there are many brands out there, but I am looking for something that works on various cartridges and is fast and easy to use.

not so much concerned about cost right now as I am ease of use and function.

any ideas on what the top three swaging tools are tht fit the description above?

thanks.

Depends on how many you have to do.

Basic ones that fit in your press like the RCBS work well but are semi slow.

There are the "cutter" style that fit in things like the RCBS prep center which I like better then swaging but again reasonably slow.

Fastest overall and does a good job would be the Dillon bench mount,

I use the rcbs primer pocket swagger got it on midway close out special for $10 a couple years ago it works great and after you get a rhythm going you can do 500+ an hour

The RCBS primer swaging tool that is used with a single stage press is a pain if you have any quantity to swage. They've announced a new one that's much like the Dillon but haven't seen one "available" yet.

The best tool out there for swaging brass is the Dillon Super Swage. It doesn't even need to be bench mounted if you don't want. I have mine attached to a piece of particle board that is "Lap Sized". I sit and watch TV while swaging brass.

Swaging is far better than "Reaming" as it does not remove metal. The extra "working" of the primer pocket area makes the brass harder and less likely for the primer pocket to loosen up under several shootings. The swaging "spud" reforms the pocket and leaves a nice smooth radius on the mouth of the pocket.

Yes, you'll spend more for the Dillon Super Swage but it will definitely be worth it and it does the job right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top