JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They aren't terrible for a budget gun. If you can get a good deal go for it. Just remember to set aside a couple bucks for an Apex trigger kit. ;)

hello I am new here I was hoping anyone had any good inputs on a smith Wesson sw9ve is it a bad or gun gun ?
Ive owned one. Good gun.. however I HATED the trigger. Im fairly picky about my triggers.
But for the money, or as a "first gun" or possibly a "truck/backpacking" gun, its not bad at all. Never had any function issues, ever. Always worked.
Just disliked the trigger.. and just my luck Apex and I think a couple others have trigger kits now.
Since its much like a glock, it wont at all be too hard to swap trigger kits. I found tons on Youtube.
Enjoy the new toy. Id dare say the Sd9ve is far and above a better choice than the G44.. been hearing a few negative things about that particular "glock perfection", not sure if many are true.. seems like a few though.

Last Edited:
SD9VE has been my EDC for a year and a half.

I LIKE the trigger, because it is NOT a range gun. I want some resistance when I am about to unload my piece and load my pants.

I ran it side by side with a buddy's G-whatever. The Glock is crisper in the trigger, but I like the SW ergonomics better.

Also, I have spent a fair bit of time polishing and lubing my gun. I took it back to the store I bought it at to show the counter guy. His response was, "Damn!". I told him it just needs love.

YMMV

A good budget gun. Wife had one. Shot well, trigger was heavier than a lot of guys are used to from a striker gun, but if you shoot DA hammer fired guns, its nothing to complain about. We did have one weird issue with the wife's gun - an out of battery detonation because this pistol WILL fire with the slide upto about 1/8th of an inch out of battery. I was the one shooting it when it happened. My right hand felt like it'd been kicked (escaping gasses) and it blew the sidewall of the case out. Pretty gnarly. But Glocks and other striker guns will also fire out of battery, and it only happened one time.

Sights are the same as the M&P - so if you want better sights they're easy to come by.

SD9VE has been my EDC for a year and a half.

I LIKE the trigger, because it is NOT a range gun. I want some resistance when I am about to unload my piece and load my pants.

I ran it side by side with a buddy's G-whatever. The Glock is crisper in the trigger, but I like the SW ergonomics better.

Also, I have spent a fair bit of time polishing and lubing my gun. I took it back to the store I bought it at to show the counter guy. His response was, "Damn!". I told him it just needs love.

YMMV
Yep not meant to be a target gun or it would be a TG9VE. I always liked the grip of the Sigma series vs Glock as well started with a 40ve like this when I started carrying. pix213472741.jpg

Congrats on your purchase. I don't think the sw9ve is a bad gun at all. As mentioned above, the stock trigger will be heavier then other pistols but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.