JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The English Pit
Clark Rifles
Vancouver has an indoor range on 72nd
Skeet shooting at Vancouver Lake
There is a Trap club on 72nd St by 117th Ave
Huge Shooting area in Stevenson

Thanks coctailer for mentioning the English Pit. I used to shoot out there in the early 90s and could not remember the name and vaguely how to get there. I googled it and found all the info. Going to bring my dad's old shotgun (getting modified) and a .25 for my wife so we both can learn how to properly shoot. Talked with "Randy" and he is a certified instructor and will show us both proper technique (no charge!) and will even shut down the rifle range for about 15 minutes for tactical shotgun practice. Thanks again coctailer. :s0155:

Yeah, english pit is run by a whole new group......(from years ago)

gone is the old range nazi that scared people away.....

This new consortium is very people friendly and from what i've heard, quite knowledgeable............
--carlos

The English Pit
Clark Rifles
Vancouver has an indoor range on 72nd
Skeet shooting at Vancouver Lake
There is a Trap club on 72nd St by 117th Ave
Huge Shooting area in Stevenson

Just a clarification:
Vancouver trap club is on 76th St. - West side of 117th
Vancouver Pistol and Rfle club is also on 76th, just on the East side of 117th

Also, don't forget Larch Mt. for outdoor shooting.

Stevenson is not to bad really.. half hour- 45 mins outside Vancouver tops(unless you get stuck behind some granola crunchers going up the gorge). Beautiful area, great shooting with benches and markers designating range. The wind sucks usually and the weather this time of year makes it sometimes miserable to be up there(but hey, we practice for the worst right?). It's basically the first left east of Bridge of the God's on SR-14.. follow the signs on up.

Larch Mountain area.. be cautious and know where you are at. There are no shooting zones as well as active logging up that way. It is my back yard.. I know of a few excellent spots. One place in particular is set to get real nice once they use up some of the gravel. No garbage either :D

I don't as a general rule give the info out over the internet.. it's not a super secret place by any means, just cautious after I've seen what can happen to our precious few areas to shoot if the media gets wind of really trashed locations. Especially now that we've got a lib in with DNR..

Thanksgiving day I hauled out 3 computer monitors, bunch of keyboards, and 2 printers from people dumping and shooting. Not good.

Good for you jonathon.........we need to be vigilant about cleaning up our messes, and would hurt to throw a few things in as well from what others have left behind.

I don't as a general rule give the info out over the internet.. it's not a super secret place by any means, just cautious after I've seen what can happen to our precious few areas to shoot if the media gets wind of really trashed locations.

if they saw the area i go to up just outside amboy that would be the end of it.

I am always cautious as to who I show my favorite places. It's a shame that so many people are disrespectful of shooting areas. I always try to leave the place better than I found it. When people trash the place, it only gives anti-gun nuts all the more ammo against us. For anybody that cleans up their favorite areas: Keep up the good work!

I am always cautious as to who I show my favorite places. It's a shame that so many people are disrespectful of shooting areas. I always try to leave the place better than I found it. When people trash the place, it only gives anti-gun nuts all the more ammo against us. For anybody that cleans up their favorite areas: Keep up the good work!

AMEN to that!! I am making it a habit now of throwing a rake and a box of lawn bags in the truck so I can rake up the brass, spent shotgun shells, and any other garbage that I can manage to clear out of any areas I will be going to.

I reload so I tend to save all of MY brass regardless but I was AMAZED to see how much trash was scattered all over the gravel pit I went to at Capitol Forest. I can just picture the anti-gun nuts seeing that place and wagging their finger as they shreek... "SEEEEE!!!!" :s0131:

Stevenson is not to bad really.. half hour- 45 mins outside Vancouver tops(unless you get stuck behind some granola crunchers going up the gorge). Beautiful area, great shooting with benches and markers designating range. The wind sucks usually and the weather this time of year makes it sometimes miserable to be up there(but hey, we practice for the worst right?). It's basically the first left east of Bridge of the God's on SR-14.. follow the signs on up.

Larch Mountain area.. be cautious and know where you are at. There are no shooting zones as well as active logging up that way. It is my back yard.. I know of a few excellent spots. One place in particular is set to get real nice once they use up some of the gravel. No garbage either :D

I don't as a general rule give the info out over the internet.. it's not a super secret place by any means, just cautious after I've seen what can happen to our precious few areas to shoot if the media gets wind of really trashed locations. Especially now that we've got a lib in with DNR..

Thanksgiving day I hauled out 3 computer monitors, bunch of keyboards, and 2 printers from people dumping and shooting. Not good.

I went up there today. I really like it. Very nice place. :s0155: I just made 3 standing targets to take up there. Just some old scrap I found around the garage. I will be up there on Friday with a buddy of mine and his father in law. Ill leave them up there and hopefully they will not get blown to shreds.

Thanks for the tip.
Otis

Wolverton Mtn Gun club open to the public one saturday each month, or join & shoot when you want. 30 min north of Battle Ground. or east of woodland

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top