Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SW Washington longer shooting range

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by jdstrd, Sep 26, 2011.

1. jdstrd

jdstrd vancouver wa Member

I have a few new toys too try out. I know about Clark Rifles. And have my app in. But Im looking for a spot for my 50 bmg in particular.Any spots around that can accomodate it? Thanx for any input.

2. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

The only one I know of in SW Washington is Wolverton. They do require membership, but seem have a pretty good payment plan to make it easier to join.

3. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Head for the hills. Deep in the DNR lands and you shouldn't get hassled as long as you have a good backstop.

4. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

Wolverton's rifle range is only 150 yards,hardly worth setting up for with a .50 cal.BUT,they are open to the public on the second sunday of each month,which is Oct is the 9th. WE have cover,wood stove,and a pop machine.
    Clark at 300 yards is the way to go I think.

5. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Last I heard Clark won't allow the .50 BMG.

6. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

oops. I believe PB is correct on no .50's at Clark. We do shoot them at Wolverton tho.

7. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I recently saw an article somewhere that a new range is opening in Castle Rock in November with, if I recall correctly, 300 and 500 yard areas. Unfortunately its 2 months out but worth looking into.

8. kaylexty

kaylexty vancouver New Member

how much is membership at wolverton? i went up to larch yesterday to zero my new ar and so my kids could shoot their bb gun and just after i got zeroed i heard a ricochet fly right over our heads needless to say we packed up immediately and headed home. i dont think i will be going to larch to shoot on the weekends anymore