Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

SW Washington longer shooting range

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by jdstrd, Sep 26, 2011.

1. jdstrd

jdstrd vancouver wa Member

I have a few new toys too try out. I know about Clark Rifles. And have my app in. But Im looking for a spot for my 50 bmg in particular.Any spots around that can accomodate it? Thanx for any input.

2. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

The only one I know of in SW Washington is Wolverton. They do require membership, but seem have a pretty good payment plan to make it easier to join.

3. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Head for the hills. Deep in the DNR lands and you shouldn't get hassled as long as you have a good backstop.

4. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

Wolverton's rifle range is only 150 yards,hardly worth setting up for with a .50 cal.BUT,they are open to the public on the second sunday of each month,which is Oct is the 9th. WE have cover,wood stove,and a pop machine.
    Clark at 300 yards is the way to go I think.

5. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Last I heard Clark won't allow the .50 BMG.

6. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

oops. I believe PB is correct on no .50's at Clark. We do shoot them at Wolverton tho.

7. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I recently saw an article somewhere that a new range is opening in Castle Rock in November with, if I recall correctly, 300 and 500 yard areas. Unfortunately its 2 months out but worth looking into.

8. kaylexty

kaylexty vancouver New Member

how much is membership at wolverton? i went up to larch yesterday to zero my new ar and so my kids could shoot their bb gun and just after i got zeroed i heard a ricochet fly right over our heads needless to say we packed up immediately and headed home. i dont think i will be going to larch to shoot on the weekends anymore