JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at the picture of that azz clown holding his hands in front of his face, with no knife visible, he looked prime for a steam roll right into that counter behind him and then giving him a close up look with his head on that sink.

Anyone else find it odd the guy took a pic (guessing cell phone pic) of the intruder, who just stood there playing peekaboo?
Just guessing here, but perhaps he had him at gunpoint at that moment, took a picture also perhaps as he was calling police, then the guy ran.....happened to me once but I was only armed with a pick/adze

I would have been far more impressed if the 'one round' he'd fired had ended up between the intruder's eyeballs.

tac
Not everyone is as good a shot as you are. Did you see the article about the cops that shot up the motor-home in California but never touched the occupant. Those cops were more than likely shooting 9mm ammo and I am sure much of it penetrated both sides of the motor-home. Where do you suppose those rounds went after they left the other side of the vehicle? Cops are not necessarily good shots either.

I go back and forth on carrying at home. On the one hand, I know the police are 20 minutes away at least so it's all up to me. On the other hand, I've got two dogs each over 100lb. with very loud, intimidating barks who act as my early warning system.

We're very secluded and have on occasion had unannounced visitors who were clearly casing the joint. Thieves of opportunity, mostly. Since we both work at home, it's very rare that no one is around, and if we are gone, well, there's the dogs which we keep in the house; they are a very potent deterrent to the lazy, opportunistic criminal element.

Still, I do get the itch to carry when I don't do it for a while. Stories like the OP give me pause and make me think, "If a determined thug wanted to get in despite our dogs, I should be armed, if only to protect the big furry goofballs."

I always carry at home since as you said police are 20 minutes or more away. Not sure how long the police would take to respond our house but it will probably be over before police arrive.

I always carry at home since as you said police are 20 minutes or more away. Not sure how long the police would take to respond our house but it will probably be over before police arrive.

Last time I called police after my neighbor was shot it took an hour for the police to show up on scene.The ambulance was sitting down the street for over a half hour waiting for police to show up first and clear the scene. Even though I told the dispatch the suspect had left. He bled to death. Only person who can save you is you.

I go back and forth on carrying at home. On the one hand, I know the police are 20 minutes away at least so it's all up to me. On the other hand, I've got two dogs each over 100lb. with very loud, intimidating barks who act as my early warning system.

We're very secluded and have on occasion had unannounced visitors who were clearly casing the joint. Thieves of opportunity, mostly. Since we both work at home, it's very rare that no one is around, and if we are gone, well, there's the dogs which we keep in the house; they are a very potent deterrent to the lazy, opportunistic criminal element.

Still, I do get the itch to carry when I don't do it for a while. Stories like the OP give me pause and make me think, "If a determined thug wanted to get in despite our dogs, I should be armed, if only to protect the big furry goofballs."

Law enforcement do not have to respond to citizens emergency(ies)!

To bad the kid wasn't caught, I I personally believe this is a perfect example of the proper use of force. I'm going to catch a lot of hell for this comment, I truly believe a warning shot will suffice in most cases, when possible. Emphasis on when possible. By the way I agreee with coast range, this is a really good reason to have a dog. No one comes to my house with out the dog telling me about it.

Not everyone is as good a shot as you are. Did you see the article about the cops that shot up the motor-home in California but never touched the occupant. Those cops were more than likely shooting 9mm ammo and I am sure much of it penetrated both sides of the motor-home. Where do you suppose those rounds went after they left the other side of the vehicle? Cops are not necessarily good shots either.
Yes, but be assured when taking the firearms safety course at the local Sherriff's office, they will tell you the "civilian" how you are responsible for every round fired in self defense.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top