JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always on me! Only time it is not is when I am sleeping. And then I have the camera's and alarm to warn me of activities going on out side. carry gun is on the night stand and bed side gun is in the lock box which is open with a light on it.

I think it is more important to carry more than ever.

Always on me! Only time it is not is when I am sleeping. And then I have the camera's and alarm to warn me of activities going on out side. carry gun is on the night stand and bed side gun is in the lock box which is open with a light on it.

I think it is more important to carry more than ever.

I put baby monitors facing my doors. Any motion or sound and my phone goes berzerk. I also carry with me at all times when awake and I always have a gun on the bed stand.

Cooper mountain is well outside Portland proper (about as far as you can get and still be inside suburbia), not even inside Beaverton proper. It is on the edge of the growth boundary towards Farmington and Hazeldale in Aloha.

I wouldn't say it is "well outside" of Portland. Cooper Mountain homes have a Beaverton address. Hillsboro is further "out" than Cooper Mountain. Regardless, I cannot for the life of me figure out why the homeowner took a photo. Shoot first, ask questions later when it comes to home intruders...

I have a Newberg address. I live on a mountain 7 miles away from Newberg city limits. If Scholls still had a post office I would have a Scholls address, but I don't. The PO picks the closest PO as your official address because that is where your mail goes before they deliver it to you. Doesn't mean I live in Newberg or people on Cooper Mountain live in Beaverton, although it is contiguous to Beaverton. I know the area well.

Booking_Photo.jpg

March 3, 2018 - Early this morning, Gresham Police received a tip from a concerned community member regarding the identity of the intruder. The possible suspect was reportedly at a hotel near Northeast Wilkes Road in Gresham.

At 11:16 a.m., Gresham Police officers conducted a traffic stop on a blue Ford SUV and arrested 29-year-old Zachery Summers on an outstanding parole warrant for burglary.

Gresham Police contacted Washington County Sheriff's Office Violent Crimes Unit detectives working this case. It was quickly determined that Mr. Summers was the man that broke into the Cooper Mountain home and fought with the homeowner the previous day.

Detectives arrested Zachery Wayne Summers on charges of burglary in the first degree, unlawful use of a weapon, menacing, and assault in the fourth degree. He is being held at the Washington County Jail without the possibility of bail.

Dude should be thankful that homeowner did not actually smoke him when he shot at him. Play with the bull too much and you will get the horn eventually.

Glad that POS was picked up - but it sounds like it's far from his first rodeo. He'll likely reoffend, and he's getting bolder if he's doing daytime burgs of occupied residences. Too bad the home owner DIDN'T end him. This turd will probably hurt someone else later on, after the "criminal justice system" lets him back out on the streets to continue plying his craft.

Ruger Lc9s in my front pocket hostler of my cargo pants. I also have OC spray in a cargo pocket as well as several 4 ounce cans of Red Saber staged in the house where my wife or teens can get to them.

I have a G17 loaded with Ranger SXT and a TLR-1HL that follows my around the house and property if I am working outside for this exact reason! There are far too many unpredictable scenarios and people to warrant any feeling of safety without a firearm IMHO:(! Too many stories of drug (prescription and otherwise) use! Society is becoming more and more strained.:oops:

I carry regardless of my location. It goes on me as soon as I get up and off when I go to bed. Every day.
This ^^^

This is the correct method of carry, if nothing else, it gives me time to get to a long gun. I've carried at home for nearly 30 years, started because I lived in a very rural and wooded area...

And like @Kruejl, it goes on in the morning upon waking and off at night when going to bed, where it's either on the nightstand or most likely under the pillow (I'm pretty static one my head hits the pillow)

With a pocket pistol dropped in your pocket, even a 38 spl, it can make a major difference in any encounter. I tend to carry 24/7 my daily, even if I am just hanging around the house all day, I'm lying on the couch right now with a G17 w/TLR1 and I barely notice it at 4pm. If you wear it often enough it just becomes part of your body, your brain will stop paying attention to it because it is so often there.

Only time I really take it off is to get naked....

Cooper Mt is not a common name. The proper name is BEAVERTON
Roadmap 175th goes thru to Roy Rodgers at Schols OR 210 - and is how I get down to Tri-County. The main North South is Murray Blvd.
Just to the top - north is Farmington / Canyon OR 10

upload_2018-3-3_21-41-56.png

Cooper mountain is the area descriptor for the unincorporated community southwest of Beaverton between 175th and 185th basically. Beaverton zip but not in the city limits, just like Aloha, Reedville, Scholls, Six Corners etc

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top