Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

sw mp 22lr

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Strider23, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Strider23

Strider23 Roseau MN New Member

I'm looking at the sw mp .22lr handgun and am wondering if any of you guys have experience with it and your thoughts towards the gun.

2. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I have one. It's lots of fun to shoot and eats just about everything I've fed it. I also like that it a threaded barrel. What I don't like; that it came with only 1 mag and additional mags are hard to find and are expensive.

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Bought one a month or two ago, haven't made it to the range with it yet though. When I bought it they (Fishermans) had mags in stock so I bought an extra. Wish I had gotten a couple more though.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

5. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Snohomish County, WA Active Member

For the $400 price, and having fired both, I prefer the Beretta ARX 160.

6. 1990Turbo

1990Turbo St.Helens Active Member

Fred Meyer 20 bucks each or Plinker Tactical 35 rounds for 35.
    I have one and it is alot of fun to shoot recoil is less than a 10/22. They are pretty accurate i put a red dot on mine and feeds and shoots any ammo i have put in it.

7. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

Ive had mine for 2 years or so and love it. Perfect trainer for your AR (set mine up to match), good cheap plinking and shoots rimfire steel matches like a champ. Everyone who shoots mine wants one asap. Be sure not to over pay. I have seen a few priced a little too high lately.

8. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Are you asking about the S&W M&P 15 .22 or the M&P .22 pistol? Either way I own both and they both shoot great! The only issue I've had is a failed 15 .22 mag that's being replaced. You can't go wrong with these if you get either for a decent price.

9. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Did the OP specify pistol or rifle? You guys seem to be talking about both and the difference is like apples and uranium.

10. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

I found a trick on youtube to get around the mag shortage/cost issue last year/earlier this year. The 10 rounders were setup such that all you had to do was take the mag apart like you were cleaning it and take out the spacer they put in to prevent the spring from compressing for 12 rounds. In 30 seconds or less you had a 12 round mag. There are probably some youtube videos still out there showing how its done.

However, I've read that S&W redesigned the 10 round mags recently to prevent it but I've not confirmed it.

11. Jdsrt

Jdsrt Everett Member

I've had mine for a year and half and it's been great and reliable. Midway has had factory mags in stock for 16.99 for over a month now.

Edit: should of specified, I am speaking about the rifle.

12. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Agreed. I took it that the OP was asking about the pistol. MP 22 = pistol. MP 15-22 = rifle. That's how I see it. I was referring to the pistol.

13. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

love mine, functions perfect with everything I've shot through it. I have two Plinker 35 rounds mags that work flawlessly too.

14. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Well for any one looking for 12rd pistol mags, Midway has in stock as of this morning.