JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Possible looking to sell this gun and can't find a comparable gun to get my asking price. Bought this several years back for a Alaska fishing trip now it's a safe queen. The certificate it came with says it's 1 of 500, I'm guessing this adds some value. Thanks for the imput 20220221_103139.jpg 20220220_114256.jpg

Looking closer, that's a 2 tone .
If you have an audience, $2000 might be kinda low . Condition would be important, but it looks good from here.

I had the basic .500 in 4" and actually tried to run down a second one just like it. At $900 , used , purchased from private individual I think I did good. Was willing to pay over a grand for a " twin" but it never worked out.

I think that particular Smith has potential. You might do better playing the trade game.

Thanks! Hopefully I can get more input on this
I would say $1500-$2000, but probably right in the middle, if you find someone that wants it. It's a cool gun, but collectors go more for the smaller caliber guns. You say you need money, so you probably want a quicker sale, I'd maybe start at $1800obo. Revolvers have been moving REALLY slow, unless you are giving them away.

The Kenai rig is a $100 bill on the best day, as a used for sale item. Ammo might be $2 a round, depending on what it is .

But your biggest hurdle of the moment is the time of year. Big ticket toys go begging in winter around here. Same with bikes and quads right now.

My brother, please understand , a quick sale is going to be bottom dollar.

@Tlock , Hinterland Outfitters has this exact gun listed for $1659. Out of stock, but presumably that's what they sold them for when they had them. Its not on the SW website any more so presumably its out of stock now. I don't think the certificate saying one in 500 is worth anything. 500 is too many to affect the collectors value. SW has sold at least six or more PC variants of this gun over the years. It presumably has a tuned trigger. But when SW performance center gets really serious about tuning a trigger they put in a trigger stop. So I think these are basically pretty close to production guns. Just small run. But probably the best SW can do as a production gun. If they did any extra checking they would give us a target too. Do they? They really should have omitted the lock on this gun. And sold it with a target.

If I were ever going to buy a .460 it would have been for handgun hunting, and this is the one I would have bought. Basically the gun is designed to carry with a sling, which is a very much easier way to carry a gun like this than in a holster. Sling over left shoulder. Gun resting on right side, right hand resting on gun. Sling loose enough so when you see critter you raise gun and shoot with sling still around your shoulder. I suggest you photograph gun with the sling on it for selling it. Also take a photo of the bianchi holster spread out so people can actually see it, as that's likely a very sexy and spendy holster. The gun is designed for a scope. With the right ammo and sighting in you are supposed to be able to shoot deer or bigger animals up to 200 yards away using point of aim hold. And a scope is needed to get the full capability of the gun and the scope would help absorb the recoil. Even scoped, a very handy rig if you use it with the sling and figure its a rifle substitute. If I were about two decades younger and lived in Alaska I'd be interested in it myself, and would go after a handgun-provided grizzly-bear-claw necklace to satisfy my occasional streaks of macho. However, I'm 76 now, and rather than the first verse of the Air Force song, the fourth is more appropriate. "Off we go, into the wild sky yonder. Keep your wings level and true. If you'd live to be a grey-haired wonder, keep your/the nose out of the blue..."

If I were selling, assuming excellent condition, I'd price it at $1,500 firm without the Bianchi holster and offer the holster separately for approximately very slightly under half retail. There's no particular collectors value to the gun, as it is too recent and it is used. And SW keeps doing similar variants, one 7.5" version of which is on their website now. However, if someone is in the market at all they likely want this exact model, and they don't seem to be available new. So I think you can get a price near new by the time you figure nuisance and transfer fee. You may have to wait a while, till the right person comes along. It would be worth the $2000 suggested only if the piece of paper saying its one of 500 actually did turn this into a collectors item, and I dont think it does. I don't think the holster is useful to raise value or attractiveness of this gun either as the buyer will likely scope the gun and carry it with the sling. The sling was sorta the whole point to this model.

Last Edited:
Most collectors who would pay on the top end, won't carry it, let alone shoot it. Anyone that is going to put it to use, isn't going to pay a collector price. Most that are going to carry it would want a shorter barrel too. Sorry.
If you are carrying for SD or as backup to a rifle you would probably prefer a shorter barrel...but also a gun that's not set up with a integrated rail for a scope. That is, you would want the standard model, not this one. This gun is for handgun hunters. And for a handgun hunter who scopes his gun the 9.5-10.5" length is popular. The scoped gun is better balanced at the longer length. By the time you add a scope the extra length barrel is barely bulkier. And the scope on a 7.5" gun with a compensator is going to get much more fouled with powder than the scope on a somewhat longer barrel. The longer length is also helpful in absorbing recoil of heavy hunting loads. Note that the 9.5 is a standard length in Ruger Super Redhawks in .44mag or .454 Cassull.

I wouldn't be too worried about slow sales in revolvers. All the high capacity semiautos are competing with revolvers of mostly 4" or less and in .357 or .38. For handgun hunting medium or large or dangerous game the revolvers are still supreme. The 10mm has made some inroads on the .357 mag hunting revolver market. But your .460 is a handgun hunting revolver for bigger or fiercer critters or ones farther away than is workable with a .357. Not in the same market as any of the semi autos at all.

It is easier to sell any gun just before Christmas than in February. However, spring is coming.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top