JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x54R
City
Stanwood
State
Washington
Hey everyone, looking for an SVD, not a PSL, or anything chinese like the NDM. More so looking for a TIGR or Izmash SVD. 7.62x54R please, i have a VEPR FM 74 which are no longer imported, very clean. Also can trade mags and ammo. Might even throw another gun or something else in if the deal is good, ive got some good stuff! Can ship too. Thanks for reading!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Just so I am clear - is the VEPR FM 74 chambered in 7.62x54, 5.45 or something else? Is it a Molot?

Are you looking to sell/trade it? Post a picture if available, please.

I am more asking for a friend of mine who collects and builds Dragunovs and similar. I have shot his and it was pretty cool. Played with some different East Bloc sniper rifles over the years, too. I still prefer US/NATO hardware, but I definitely see the appeal. Heck, my first 'real' rifle was an SKS (even if it was just a Norinco).

Haha yeah man, i love soviet guns. But yes, the AK is 5.45. Its in great condition. I have plenty of ammo and some bakelite mags, and plum mags. Id happily throw em in just to get the rifle.

Just so I am clear - is the VEPR FM 74 chambered in 7.62x54, 5.45 or something else? Is it a Molot?

Are you looking to sell/trade it? Post a picture if available, please.

I am more asking for a friend of mine who collects and builds Dragunovs and similar. I have shot his and it was pretty cool. Played with some different East Bloc sniper rifles over the years, too. I still prefer US/NATO hardware, but I definitely see the appeal. Heck, my first 'real' rifle was an SKS (even if it was just a Norinco).
Also, yes it is a MOLOT ORUZHIE VEPR FM 74.

That is pretty cool. This was the closest thing I could find: same-same? But different?

The ballistics on 5.45 are pretty compelling. I have not been able to find a whole lot of selection as far as ammo goes, though. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

That is pretty cool. This was the closest thing I could find: same-same? But different?

The ballistics on 5.45 are pretty compelling. I have not been able to find a whole lot of selection as far as ammo goes, though. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?
Yeah pretty similar. But mine has a fixed stock with the accessories case inside it. Ive seen these go for like $3000. 5.45 is my favorite cartridge, its essentially the Russian 5.56 haha. High velocity, small projectile. Unfortunately 5.45 isnt super duper popular. Before covid it was a bit easier to find but lots of people are buying it up. I stocked up so i would include the ammo in the trade being that i only have one 5.45 rifle. No point in keeping it.

Yeah pretty similar. But mine has a fixed stock with the accessories case inside it. Ive seen these go for like $3000. 5.45 is my favorite cartridge, its essentially the Russian 5.56 haha. High velocity, small projectile. Unfortunately 5.45 isnt super duper popular. Before covid it was a bit easier to find but lots of people are buying it up. I stocked up so i would include the ammo in the trade being that i only have one 5.45 rifle. No point in keeping it.
For good ammo prices, check out ammoseek.com it searches for the cheapest available.

I hear you, this is where I am at with .300 BLK. It's a great cartridge, awesome ballistics, etc. But more and more, I feel like its time is passing. Same with 6.8 SPC, S&W .40 ... the list goes on. I am selling one of my .300 BLK guns, and might sell my other one too. Seems like the safest bet is to stick with calibers that are either government-sponsored or super-popular with hunters and target shooters. But I digress ...

I hear you, this is where I am at with .300 BLK. It's a great cartridge, awesome ballistics, etc. But more and more, I feel like its time is passing. Same with 6.8 SPC, S&W .40 ... the list goes on. I am selling one of my .300 BLK guns, and might sell my other one too. Seems like the safest bet is to stick with calibers that are either government-sponsored or super-popular with hunters and target shooters. But I digress ...
Oh yeah man, the way i look at it. Is if the military or government uses it. Its going to be more widespread and available. Agree with you on that. Is your friend interested in trading?

Oh yeah man, the way i look at it. Is if the military or government uses it. Its going to be more widespread and available. Agree with you on that. Is your friend interested in trading?
I am going to ask him. I know he just did an upgrade on the Dragunov, parts kit & barrel I think it was. Plus an original Soviet scope, which is pretty cool if you ask me. I will let you know what he says either way.

I am going to ask him. I know he just did an upgrade on the Dragunov, parts kit & barrel I think it was. Plus an original Soviet scope, which is pretty cool if you ask me. I will let you know what he says either way.
No problem man, i can PM you my number if you'd like to make things a lil easier. Im definitely interested in an SVD so please let me know what he says!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews