JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had one for a while. I had the black face and returned it because it is hard to read in a lot of lighting situations. They have good battery life and are really sturdy.

Got it today. and it fits.. It also seems pretty complicated and twice I put it back into the box to send it back and twice I pulled it back out to muck around with it.
The real downside I found is its hard to read but It seems I got the contrast setting to where its not to bad.
Think i'll mess with it for a few days before I decide if I want to keep it or not.

Wrist Watch, defined.

Hour hand.
Minute hand
Second hand.
Wrist containment device, per spec.

:D

Does any company even Make a non electric wrist watch anymore???

That is under $1000.00 Not that I am in the market for a device that keeps time, around $1000.00, i would spend a Twenty, like Bulldog albin25 suggested (Yes SIR, DRILL SGT, SIR...) :eek:

philip,
..... my last watch was a Casio, self winding, bought in VietNam, 1969

I was a Suunto dealer when I worked at Thunder Reef Divers. Of all the dive computers that I sold I liked the Suuntos the best. I still have a couple of them. They are 9 or 10 years old and they still work perfectly after literally hundreds of dives. I don't know much about their watches or their other product lines, however if they make them to the same quality that they make their dive computers you'll be in good shape. Again I don't know about their watches, but the dive computers did function slightly differently then most of the other manufactures so there's a slight learning curve to them.

I am returning it. I doubt I would use many of the features and it was just a real pain to see the numbers on the screen. and to top it off, it looked like there was a scratch under the crystal.

It was a really cool watch though. The barometer worked well, it was neat to see how it changes over time as did the compass.

I am returning it. I doubt I would use many of the features and it was just a real pain to see the numbers on the screen. and to top it off, it looked like there was a scratch under the crystal.

It was a really cool watch though. The barometer worked well, it was neat to see how it changes over time as did the compass.

FWIW, my Casio G-Shock has all those features on it. If I remember right I paid around $50 for it in the American PX in 2010 at Kandahar. Although those features have no real practical value, you're right it is kinda neat to see how it changes. Mine also has a an altimeter which is really interesting to check at different times when flying.

FWIW, my Casio G-Shock has all those features on it. If I remember right I paid around $50 for it in the American PX in 2010 at Kandahar. Although those features have no real practical value, you're right it is kinda neat to see how it changes. Mine also has a an altimeter which is really interesting to check at different times when flying.

Which is of little to no value in a pressurized cabin. ;)

Which is of little to no value in a pressurized cabin. ;)

I was expecting a response like this, but that's precisely why it is interesting. What do you suppose happens to the cabin pressure during a flight?

However, it is fairly accurate. The wife left our hotel room in Kona, and drove to Mauna Loa Observatory. It was fun seeing the altimeter on the watch (and GPS) go from essentially sea level to 13,500 ft.

If you need an ABC watch the Suuntos are top of the line. I used one for several years off trail and even used the compass exclusively once to navigate with when my main compass broke in the field.

I was setting up a trade booth at the Portland Convention Center some years ago and the guy across the aisle was selling Russian made stuff.
A really neat wrist watch with a cosmonaut and space capsule on the dial caught my eye and I asked the sales rep how much did he wanted for it.
"$50.00 bucks to you my friend, it's a really special one of a kind military watch," he said in a heavy Russian accent.
I picked up the watch and noticed that it wasn't working.
He took it out of my hand and wound up the stem a couple of times, and when that didn't get it working, he banged it really hard a couple of times on the table.
He handed it back to me and said "My friend, it's working now, no charge for the repair, $5o.00 bucks my friend."
I told him that I didn't want to buy a watch that wasn't dependable.
He told me that's what made it so special, I could always repair it myself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top