JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't believe the OP did the right tactical thing, actually.

If it's harmless, these folks will do their business and leave.
If it's nefarious, your odds of defense and surviving are 100x greater in your home, ready. Not out exposed.

Odds are high it was a harmless thing. Maybe some teenagers fooling around or someone smoking some weed. But...

What if it was NOT Fred. What if it was 3 nefarious men with guns, shotguns, rifles, and night vision equipment? Suddenly OP is either dead or abducted. The world is going crazy. Jihadists abducted a lot of Christians recently in the M.E. and beheaded them on Christmas... folks get abducted in the US all the time. Or worse.

Not a chance I'd have done that. 4.30am. Armed with only a handgun, completely exposed to an attack.

OP got lucky here.

If I were in a similar A/O I'd have a long range night vision optic. Or heck, just call the police and report a suspicious vehile and have a black and white do the investigating while you hold up in the house.

That's what I do. Taxes and all. I'm tactically safer inside and have better legal grounds for SD. Hard to explain I was afraid so....I went outside...

Surprising amount of advice coming from what sound like apartment dwellers.

Remember in the city when help is only minuets away.:rolleyes:

It's not like the OP checked the fuel level in his backhoe and the supply of quick lime before investigating.

Once while waiting for church I parked on a secluded road near a ranch for some quiet. Being aware of my environment I noticed slow movement to my 5 o clock in my mirror. Property owner had snuck out to the fence crawling and wrote down my plate number. I got out and talked to him. Old Vietnam vet. All was fine. I'm protective as well. But good to know I was aware enough to notice this old vet...

Once while waiting for church I parked on a secluded road near a ranch for some quiet. Being aware of my environment I noticed slow movement to my 5 o clock in my mirror. Property owner had snuck out to the fence crawling and wrote down my plate number. I got out and talked to him. Old Vietnam vet. All was fine. I'm protective as well. But good to know I was aware enough to notice this old vet...

Entirely possible, given his experience, that he's never entirely off duty. Glad it played out well with mutual understanding and good will on both sides of the tripwires.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top