JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I won't second guess his actions....

I can picture it now.... ol' ZigZag with bed-head hair, a full bladder, and mornin' breath... stalkin' down the gravel driveway in rubber boots wearin' a bathrobe or maybe just in his underwear.... you were at least wearing something to cover up your junk, right? :eek:

:s0140:

I can picture it now.... ol' ZigZag with bed-head hair, a full bladder, and mornin' breath... stalkin' down the gravel driveway in rubber boots wearin' a bathrobe or maybe just in his underwear.... you were at least wearing something to cover up your junk, right? :eek:

I'm thinking leopard print thong, a Colt Gold Cup in a hand carved leather gunbelt / holster rig, with that big flash light in one hand, the other with a thumb hooked into the belt. I think there should be a cowboy hat in the picture too. :p Fred won't be returning, at least until his retina burns heal :s0115:

Remember in the city when help is only minuets away.:rolleyes:

Haven't heard that one before.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ahhh. When I was and growing up in a semi rural area.....It wasn't uncommon to be at the end of a road, with buddies, or a girlfriend. :oops: Or buddies AND the girl friends. Back then people parked at the end of the road for that sort of thing. There was this one spot, (and maybe others that don't come to mind now), where we parked and walked down the farmers road, to the farmers bridge, to fish the Provo river. That would have been before first light. The good old days.

I wouldn't go anywhere near saying you did anything stoopid though. And can't say that fore sure that I wouldn't have done the same thing you did. It's one of those sad, sad things of the times we've come to. :( Seems there's no where for the younger generation to go now to be alone. :( :(
These spots may be identified by the presence of vehicles parked with steamed up windows. The drivers just pull over and wait for them to clear.

T-shirt (Carhartt of course), sweat pants, Bogs. :)

At work when I want someone to leave, I give them a binary choice "you can stay and wait for the police, explain your b.s. to them, or you can go". Of course if I feel especially pissy I add, " Oh yeah, I told them I thought you were armed, they ought to be here pretty darn quick, they never turn down a good gunfight".

it works every damn time, and it's fun too.
i haven't even called yet.

At work when I want someone to leave, I give them a binary choice "you can stay and wait for the police, explain your b.s. to them, or you can go". Of course if I feel especially pissy I add, " Oh yeah, I told them I thought you were armed, they ought to be here pretty darn quick, they never turn down a good gunfight".

it works every damn time, and it's fun too.
i haven't even called yet.

Do you repair vacuums?

el-camino-b.jpg

I disrupted an attempted home invasion simply by returning home early before the thugs could get set up. Chased them away from the property in my truck. Next day the neighbors found a duffel bag that had been ditched with duct tape, rope, latex gloves, knives, and ski masks. Don't think they quite realized they were putting themselves in more danger than we would have been from them. Folks, you've got to be alert even in your own home/yard. I'm ALWAYS packing.

I disrupted an attempted home invasion simply by returning home early before the thugs could get set up. Chased them away from the property in my truck. Next day the neighbors found a duffel bag that had been ditched with duct tape, rope, latex gloves, knives, and ski masks. Don't think they quite realized they were putting themselves in more danger than we would have been from them. Folks, you've got to be alert even in your own home/yard. I'm ALWAYS packing.

Hmmm.

Mayhaps y'all are doing something wrong?

Dunno.

Just seems exceptionally rare to be random, for a home invasion. Like winning the lottery & getting hit by lightning walking out of the store kind of thing...

Hmmm.

Mayhaps y'all are doing something wrong?

Dunno.

Just seems exceptionally rare to be random, for a home invasion. Like winning the lottery & getting hit by lightning walking out of the store kind of thing...
No, not a thing. Don't use or sell drugs, not rich, don't have new cars, don't live ostentatiously. Have a nice house, but nothing special. We have no conflicts with anyone. I think it was a totally random selection on their part.

No, not a thing. Don't use or sell drugs, not rich, don't have new cars, don't live ostentatiously. Have a nice house, but nothing special. We have no conflicts with anyone. I think it was a totally random selection on their part.

Yikes, that's Uber creepy! Moreso than if there was some "reason" to be targeted. Banker/jeweler or whatnot.

The other thing to be concerned about would be if they mis-ID'd y'all. Criminals, being criminals. Some are very intelligent, most aren't.

IMHO, you should have called the Sheriff.

What if it was a tweaker/bad guy? Besides the obvious possible sideways altercation, you have now given up your identity and location for retribution.
Hold onto your tactical advantages.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top