Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Suspect was looking online to buy firearms.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Profiteering, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Profiteering

Profiteering America New Member

2. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

Good post. Thanks.

3. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

Maybe we can lure him to my house and then hold him till i get the popo here. Hmmmmm i could see some dollar dollar billz ya'll

davemata and (deleted member) like this.
  4. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

searching online for places to buy guns, including gun shows
    extremely dangerous
    killed two people
    looking for guns
    waiting period for handguns purchased ''through a dealer''
    armed and dangerous

5. HuckFin

HuckFin mt rainier Active Member

May I also add......Past Felon on parole.

6. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Good job profiteeing,
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

7. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

So he was looking for guns, but he didn't get any. Therefore the story is essentially an empty claim with no substance.

No mention of whether or not his grandparents were killed with a gun. Since he was looking for a gun, I assume he didn't already have one, and he may have trouble getting one since he's a felon.

Notice that there's no mention in the story (except for "ex-con" in the headline) of the fact that this guy is a six-time felon (link), and therefore cannot legally even OWN a gun, much less purchase one legally online or in person.

But he already showed that he's nuts enough to have killed his grandparents, so what's stopping him from killing someone and stealing a gun?

Any way, this is how we're all being treated these days. The gun grabbers think that all of us are inches away from becoming this guy.

8. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

9. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see this. I just made a deal to meet with someone tonight to sell a handgun on here. I will definitly be extra cautious. I wrote down his name, description and potential car he's driving to be heads up.

10. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

The local news just said he is holed up in a hotel in Lincoln City and trapped by the police :)

11. 206thsense

206thsense Seattle, WA, USA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What kind of person kills his own grandparents after they throw him a "welcome home" party? Did he have a problem with the cake?

This guy...

12. nextgenar

nextgenar roseburg Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The police have him in custody, caught him on the Oregon Coast

andreys21 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thank God he has our Governor to make sure that the state doesn't kill him while he's in prison........ With some luck he might be cured this time and released at some point in the future.

14. 206thsense

206thsense Seattle, WA, USA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

andreys21 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

Reminder of how the criminal justice system works. Batbubblegum crazy and known to be dangerous? He's ripe, time to let him go.

16. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

"According to Urquhart, Boysen’s grandparents picked him up from the Monroe Corrections Complex on Friday after he had served nine months of a 16-month sentence for a 2012 attempted residential-burglary conviction."

"Boysen had previously served five years in prison on four counts of robbery and possession of stolen property after he pleaded guilty to robbing several pharmacies and a grocery store."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So he wasn't as rehabbed as some bleeding hearts thought? Perhaps a few judges or parole board members should face jail time every time their decisions to release these chunks of human excrement back out to society fails miserably like this? Two people would still be alive but for their decisions.
    How about a few of them being charged with accomplis to murder, that would sure as heck put the brakes on a bunch of these sub human ba$tards from being released early.

17. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Saw this on a "LIVE" report last night and was hoping the scumbag "Been in trouble since he was in his teens" would confront the police and NOT obey! Solve the problem of housing the DB for the next ??? years, court fees, etc.

On a nother note.......Since the crap in Dec '12 with all things going screwy, all the new names popping up at NWFA, and other sites I presume. I would be concerned that some of the extreme newbies with one or two posts putting fire arms in the classifieds for 40%-50%-60%+ more than MSRP my have no qualms about who they sell to either.......As long as THEY get their money. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Mike

18. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

That's always something to think about Mike.

19. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Not sure exactly how it works in WA currently - but my understanding is that the vast majority of parole agent jobs were "transitioned" over to county probation to save the state money and shift the costs back to the county. The problem with this is most probation supervision is handled by social workers who are not in sworn peace officer positions and do not carry a sidearm... genius thinking right? I do know that in CA the parole board only deal with ISL (indeterminate sentence length) cases regarding release. ISL cases would be your x to life convictions. Any of the "fixed" sentences or DSL sentences like 5 years or 20 years never see a parole board prior to release. It is all figured out on a spreadsheet. your sentence is 10 years, you are working a job or working on a degree (at tax payer expense) you get "day per day" credit. In normal terms this means for every day you attend class or work you get a day off of your release date. Also staying out of trouble can get you time cut from your release date. In the end - if you do "good time" and stay out of trouble on the inside, and work a job or go to school, that 10 year sentence gets you to parole in roughly 5 years.

You can thank the feds for this being the norm. Back in the "good old days" most sentences were variable sentences like 5 to 20 years. After you served the minimum time you went before the parole board yearly or every six months where they interviewed you and the guards /warden regarding recommendation. If you really did stay out of trouble, didn't make threats, and actually worked toward a plan for once you got out you would most likely get parole early. Unfortunately, in today's prison systems guards don't interact with inmates the way they once did. They don't walk the tier with a key and let each inmate out one at a time, its done with the push of a button from the control booth. I have seen far too many guards who, while capable of taking down inmates causing problems, were seriously afraid and didn't speak with inmates other than giving commands. I'm not saying that there is no reason to have any fear of inmates - walk out on the yard and realize that there are hundreds of inmates and maybe a dozen guards with pepper spray and a baton (if that many) and 3 or 4 tower guards who are armed. Note - the tower guards who are permanently assigned to that duty qualify with their mini 14 (no scope) quarterly. The rest of the guards qualify with the mini once a year.
    Back to where I was going - in the old days guards got to know the inmates and got a decent feel for how they were "rehabilitating" - those who were problem kids would most likely not be paroled, those who were not would probably get out early. That guy who committed a dozen murders but only got caught for a robbery would most often do a long stretch while the guy who killed the person for raping their kid or daughter would get out early as they are deemed unlikely to be a threat to society. Since interaction between inmates and guards has been minimized now days due to overcrowding and gangs "running" the prison and retaliating against inmates who are cordial with guards, I am not sure how effective it would be to go back to the ISL sentencing of years past.

Or the short version - it is unlikely that you have a parole board to blame for this guy getting out early - blame the federal courts for deciding that ISL sentencing was a violation of the inmates rights with the exception of certain violent crimes - those that are eligible for a life sentence.

20. richardlpalmer

richardlpalmer Kirkland, WA Active Member

Sad to hear about the grandparents.

It does seem weird to me that this guy would commit murder though. I mean, it's all well and good to jump on the, "He's scum! Let'm burn!" train, but he's repeatedly been incarcerated for burglary and theft -- no violence. Maybe that's a profile I'm not aware of; that burglars graduate from theft to murder. Still odd to me...