JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to get every sniffle, cold and cough going around the office where sneezing workers share computers, pens, documents, phones, doors, etc. It was frequent and demoralizing. Retired last year and I've been healthy ever since (also knocking on wood, trees being a traditional symbol of life and health).

Going to visit prematurely born identical twins in Texas next week. I've been instructed to bring printed proof of a flu shot as my ticket into ICU. Glad to comply. I'll bolster up my vitamin/Airborne intake before I go, too, and keep it up for a week after I spend 4 hours breathing in that disgusting flying Petri dish known as a Boeing 737.

Typically visit my ancient mommy in her Salem retirement home a couple times every week. Staff there has asked families to hold off on visits for now to minimize importing extra flu germs from outside. They've also closed the big restaurant/dining facility and started delivering meals to individual apartments. Many frail residents might not survive a really vicious flu that's been killing people in the news.

What's one of the germiest things we touch in any given day? The cell phone.

Really not terribly phobic about any of this... just trying to play along and do my part to keep from getting it and spreading it to others.

I did the ilani casnio last Saturday for lunch, did dinner and play time with the grand kids Saturday night, and then a Lodge committee meeting Sunday where one of guys was commenting about some azzhole next to him on a flight from Italy sneezing all over the place.

Well guess what, Monday night it hit me hard and today is the first time I have been out of bed for more than an hour. I bathe in hand sanitzer every day, and try to avoid these kind of interactions. Anybody who gets on a plane sneezing should be removed or have a plastic bag secured around their head. I have a compromised immune system, and this will take me a good 2 weeks to recover from.

Speaking for myself @ this time in my life; flu shots are bull pucky!

How is the human body going to defend itself unless we allow it to?

The human body is "smarter" than big pharma; it needs to experience viruses to adapt to them.

If we keep sponsoring and substituting the natural occurrences with our versions of the flu, our bodies may not be able, trained, or prepared to handle a big leap; the year flu shots aren't available or the year the flu shots cannot beat the virus.

I retired from the army 2003; my last flu shot was FT Campbell @2000. I haven't had the flu since that last shot.

I got the flu every year from 79-2000 when I was getting the shots.

Let your body build it's own defenses.

Flu shots are only immunology, nothing more and nothing less.

They allow your immune system exposure to expected viral strains, without exposure to the virus. In simple terms.

That allows memory B - cells to sore the information for later, if you in fact are exposed to the actual expected virus. Then they key up and do there job.

Nothing more.

Some years "they" get the expected strains correct, some years "they" do not. Like this year.

Mind you, that I do in fact have a tinfoil hat...no time to post it up ATM, but I've posted it before.

There is no underlying agenda when it comes to vaccinations, so my hat remains shelved.

Well Fooook me blind. I think I have something. Not the flu, but for gosh sakes but something not nice. Slight 100F fever. Lower bowel distress. Nothing coming up so far, but everything going out very quickly and with maximum velocity. Did I mention the shieeeets? Yep.

Lungs free and clear vis auscultation. Minor nightmares of being attacked by Polseen. Sometimes I win.

I am chug-gal lugging decaf weak cool tea with the usual light salt and table sugar. About four, (4) one liter bottles daily. Keeping ahead of the shieeeeets. My pee is clear and frequent which is good. Tylenol for the slight fever. Being careful about Tylenol daily limit doses. Oh boy.

I am ambulatory per limits but very tired. 18 hours sleep daily. No headache. I have been very lucky. :) :)

HB of CJ. Ex RN.

I was probably one of the first to come down with this bug. I was knocked down from early November through late December. The first part was just a normal cold it seemed, but after three days of "feeling fine" I was hit hard and slept 40 hours in two days. I probably almost died, but it's whatever. I'm fine now. Hope everyone can stay away from the bug, or at least get time off work if they do (I really couldn't, even tho I have sick pay...).
Oh, and by the way, I am twenty five and pretty healthy, so just imagine what it could do to somebody who isn't...
GET YOUR FLU SHOT!
STAY INDOORS! DECONTAMINATE EVERYTHING!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top