JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This looks like a good time to quote Reagan :)

Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so.

Ronald Reagan - A Time for Choosing, Address on behalf of Senator Barry Goldwater,
Rendezvous with Destiny, October 27, 1964​

No, I said that the money and corporations are subverting the elected part of the gov, so that they are working together for control and making the people less a part of control. Before I can go any further I need you to define the word Progressive. You see you righties keep changing the definitions of terms, like left and right, liberal, progressive, conservative and patriot, for some self serving process of confusion. That is what this thread is about, terms. You illustrate the subversion of another term, progressive, say isn't it a characteristic of cults that they all have their own terms for things.

Nice rant though, is any of that claptrap actually your own thinking?

Actually I'm just using the terms that your people prefer to call themselves (check quotes of Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton). Liberal isn't the correct term for the left because a liberal is an individual who is for less control and more personal liberty. We have to have terms to differentiate groups that's all. I wouldn't know anything about cults, but I do know history and know that the left here in America likes to change the name of the political philosophy that they run under after said philosophy becomes unpopular with the folks. It's called rebranding, just like the white house is doing with the new "Jobs Bill". As what came out of their own mouth, it's unpopular to call it a stimulus bill now so they had to rebrand it. It's the same gameplan that's been used throughout the history of the progressive movement.

Actually I'm just using the terms that your people prefer to call themselves (check quotes of Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton). Liberal isn't the correct term for the left because a liberal is an individual who is for less control and more personal liberty. We have to have terms to differentiate groups that's all. I wouldn't know anything about cults, but I do know history and know that the left here in America likes to change the name of the political philosophy that they run under after said philosophy becomes unpopular with the folks. It's called rebranding, just like the white house is doing with the new "Jobs Bill". As what came out of their own mouth, it's unpopular to call it a stimulus bill now so they had to rebrand it. It's the same gameplan that's been used throughout the history of the progressive movement.

Oh are you now? So, Obama and Hilary used the term progressive to include Mao, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and jack the ripper, and that really is the argument you want to make?

Ain't that the truth!

On another note though. My lil'bro was telling me that since he enlisted; that his siblings won't/can't get drafted.

Not to burst your bubble, but you can serve and will get drafted (assuming that there ever would be one). The 1971 change (which was the last one) clearly states that you have to be the last male in the family DUE TO: your father or brother dieing in military action!

So for you to "B!tch" out of a draft, you will have to lose your little brother...

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that is the law and being a military member who has gone to many wars and or conflicts, I seen draft dodgers commit about this topic for the past 9 years.

"Oh I am the only son" "Oh I will move to Canada" Oh Oh Oh...

If you love your freedom so much and most of you hate how the "government" is trying to take that away from you.. But you are only willing to fight on a local forum for those rights and not beside you brave brothers...

We who fight, do not for you! We do it for each other... STOP saying GOD BLESS to us and wearing your RIBBONS... serve or get out of the way!!

CIAO Brother!

This looks like a good time to quote Reagan :)

How about this one far more representative of the hollow void between his two ears.

"Because Vietnam was not a declared war, the veterans are not even eligible for the G. I. Bill of Rights with respect to education or anything."
--Ronald Reagan, in Newsweek, April 21, 1980.

By the way there are thousands of other quotes showing that Reagan and Reality were never properly introduced.

Oh are you now? So, Obama and Hilary used the term progressive to include Mao, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and jack the ripper, and that really is the argument you want to make?

Wow bugeye you're really drifting into la-la land now. Hey, you're the one that just grouped Obama and Hillary into the same group as Mao and Hitler not me, so I don't really see where you're trying to go with that?? Progressives and Communists, while having some ideological simularities, aren't the same. But we're really getting into the weeds right now which is typical of someone who doesn't want to debate. Divert the conversation....

So what exactly is the "Big Gov't" model that you see working? I'm just really curious to see where you get your ideas that gov't control over personal liberty is somehow a winning formula?

Wow bugeye you're really drifting into la-la land now. Hey, you're the one that just grouped Obama and Hillary into the same group as Mao and Hitler not me, so I don't really see where you're trying to go with that?? Progressives and Communists, while having some ideological simularities, aren't the same. But we're really getting into the weeds right now which is typical of someone who doesn't want to debate. Divert the conversation....

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Glad I am not the only one who sees the problem here.:s0112::s0112:

:s0155:

jj

Orwell lives, and Newspeak marches on. Bugeye, I back you completely and salute your effort at speaking truth to power. But the ignorance produced by most public "education" is overwhelming---cripes, these cats think Hitler was a left-winger and Reagan was quotable for wisdom! If they ever went to college they majored in sports and beer, and minored in swallowing paid propaganda. Don't wear yourself down; it's really hopeless to get communication.

Their political language has been rewritten for them so thoroughly that there is not much hope of ever getting through their incredible ignorance. They actually think that the mass news media is left-wing, rather than the reality of being owned by profit-driven corporations and entirely funded by corporate advertising, as if the content would not be molded by the MONEY of the advertisers!

Someday Fox News will announce that the sky is NOT blue, it is RED, and it is our ENEMY---and they will believe it and hunt for "traitors" who disagree with the new definitions.

By the way, the ultimate left wing is pure democracy where every person has a voice. The ultimate right wing is SLAVERY, where only those with lots of money talk.

At least we all agree that we all should have guns to defend ourselves against slavery---no matter who defines it, we can see it for ourselves and fight it no matter what political definitions might divide us....................elsullo :huh:

Unbelievable... We must be in Bizarro land. The news is right wing, leftism is pro freedom and Orwell wasn't talking about Statists... Learn something new everyday I guess.

I guess I should hang out at the coffeehouses more so I can get up to speed with what's really going on in the world. :s0077:

This whole argument forgets one thing.
Right and Left are directions on a map. Thats it.

If Lenin, Marx, Stalin, Mao and Castro could all find different types of Communism to call their own, do we start to compare anyone with labels the media/history gives them.
Is it fair to say who is Right and who is Left when no one can really define what any specific belief is let alone these general ones.
Unless someone writes a set of Rules that every Lefty or Righty must believe in and fight for, than we are just shoving people into groups and either praising them or hating them based on which group we have been shoved into based on limited beliefs.

My "Lefty" friends think I'm crazy for supporting gun rights and owning guns.
My "Righty" friends think my gay friends are evil.
and there are exceptions on both sides.

These groups in my view trap people into categories and also trap some people into agreeing with their groups view.
It would benefit everyone to be a part of No group and agree/disagree along individual points, not vast muddled generalizations that they are lumped into.

And I was forced into selective service when filling out my FAFSA... The choice to serve rather than a draft is one of the most important parts of our current democracy. Some wars are good and some are not, and these answers are different, citizen to citizen.

Orwell lives, and Newspeak marches on. Bugeye, I back you completely and salute your effort at speaking truth to power. But the ignorance produced by most public "education" is overwhelming---cripes, these cats think Hitler was a left-winger and Reagan was quotable for wisdom! If they ever went to college they majored in sports and beer, and minored in swallowing paid propaganda. Don't wear yourself down; it's really hopeless to get communication.

Their political language has been rewritten for them so thoroughly that there is not much hope of ever getting through their incredible ignorance. They actually think that the mass news media is left-wing, rather than the reality of being owned by profit-driven corporations and entirely funded by corporate advertising, as if the content would not be molded by the MONEY of the advertisers!

Someday Fox News will announce that the sky is NOT blue, it is RED, and it is our ENEMY---and they will believe it and hunt for "traitors" who disagree with the new definitions.

By the way, the ultimate left wing is pure democracy where every person has a voice. The ultimate right wing is SLAVERY, where only those with lots of money talk.

At least we all agree that we all should have guns to defend ourselves against slavery---no matter who defines it, we can see it for ourselves and fight it no matter what political definitions might divide us....................elsullo :huh:

:s0112::s0112::s0112:

That was a good progressive speech. Point at the left and at the right but don't look at me speech. Wish you would have studied up before you made it.:D

jj

Funny I doubt alot of you guys know what a draft is really like or how they did the last one. You had to go down and register with selective service for your draft card. The government by drawing would select numbers by day of birth and you would have to go in for a physical to get your status. 1A was prime meat and it went on down to4F as not being able to be drafted. They would take by birthdates chosen as many as they needed and those with the last numbers lucked out.

People like Bill Clinton avoided the draft and some people ran out of the country. Everyday people were forced into war that the politicions didn't want to win and used Americans to the tune of 50,000 deaths in a pure political war. Looking at this bunch in power today I suggest you prepare your families to lose you. They will start are war when they see themselves about to lose power.

jj

I can't help to find the irony in your statements faulting education at both the public and university levels for creating right wing ideology when the overwhelming consensus is that our universities are churning out liberal democrats and independants at a much higher rate than conservatives or republicans(based on a 2006 Harvard Study). Many credit Obama's rallying the college voters for his win in 2008. If the conservatives majored in sports and beer than the majority of students, as they are mostly liberal, must of majored in hookah and basement couch philosophy. Those are overwhelming generalizations but that seems to be the basis of the majority of the political posting on this site. I guess paid propeganda is ok as long as you payed for it as most university professors lean to the left and use their position to brainwash our youth.

I also find it ironic that you and bigeye point to the rightwing media misleading the populace but always end up pointing at foxnews. If there are so many right leaning media outlets why is it that there only seems to be one example? Because these media outlets make loads of cash doesn't make them rightwing. Liberals seem to like money an aweful lot too. Let's face it, none of these politicians or media outlets are going broke, they're just making the rest of us poor.

When war does come here you will have one of two kinds of war.

First is all out war when the power of the politicion has been threatened. Politicions will spare no citizen in it's struggle to keep power. The country will set to a war footing and the sacrifice will be met by all that are not of the elite. Victory is the only goal, WWII was one these kinds of wars.

Second type is a political war. These wars are run by politicions who have nothing to lose and fought by the citizens with no end in site. It's a war just to keep the people on the political side and view of the party in power. It is never winable and never meant to be won. Viet Nam and the war on drugs show you this type of war.

jj

Well, we at least all agree that keeping firearms freedoms is essential for whatever political sytem comes.

Can we all at least also agree that Sarah Palin is the AntiChrist?...................elsullo :s0114:

actually the antichrist is said to be someone who will appear to have the ability to solve all the world ill's with what will be called "magic" but the antichrist is not evil just a false idol that signals the start of the apocalypse maybe late 2012

Where can we find a person that we can put all our HOPE in to CHANGE this rotten world

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top