JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yield Curve indicates a recession, regardless of any politician. Change the scale to Max.

This is a fancy term for the difference between returns on 10-year Treasuries and two-year Treasuries. The idea here is that long-term investments are generally riskier than short-term investments, so the difference is usually positive. But when the difference goes negative (marked by the thick black line in the chart below) and two-year Treasuries are paying higher returns than 10-year Treasuries, then short-term investments have grown riskier than long-term ones. That's the dreaded "inverted yield curve," and it's reliably predicted the last five recessions.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y2Y

Yield Curve as of Nov 8 2022.png

Example? The 30-year mortgage rate was 2.88% on Biden's inauguration day (January 20, 2021). They are now 7.32%, a 154% increase under Biden.

Firearms!!! Fire arm stuff. AR15s will be more expensive. Stock market bad for GUNS and ammo……… "for the community guideline closure imminent."

Why can't we have this conversation if the members like to have it?? I understand it's a firearm forum but this is life. Also financials have quite a bit to do with firearms, if we can buy them or not. We have friends here. We should be able to have this kind of conversations. Your thoughts adman's??????
Concur in your response to the bold red headline which reads:

"WARNING: THREAD CLOSURE IMMINENT"
This thread contains numerous non-firearm political posts, which are prohibited by our Community Rules. Additional rule violations will result in this thread being locked.

View our Community Rules here"

If we can't talk about these kinds of critically important issues without being slapped down by the site owners, don't you wonder what kind of a "community" this is?

I called the crash back in March and pointed out folks should take steps to better survive it. Today's election in Oregon is one more nail in the coffin. Crummy deal this inflation, I spent two months SS to pay my property taxes on my old house. It's going to get worse even if the rest of the country goes red wave.

Odds are that most will now fill their credit cards with debt and hope to pay it later. Unfortunately store credit cards are now 30% interest which means if you borrow $1,000 and pay it back in payments it will cost you over $700 interest in the 51 months to pay it.

Be careful.

I called the crash back in March and pointed out folks should take steps to better survive it. Today's election in Oregon is one more nail in the coffin. Crummy deal this inflation, I spent two months SS to pay my property taxes on my old house. It's going to get worse even if the rest of the country goes red wave.

Odds are that most will now fill their credit cards with debt and hope to pay it later. Unfortunately store credit cards are now 30% interest which means if you borrow $1,000 and pay it back in payments it will cost you over $700 interest in the 51 months to pay it.

Be careful.
I highly recommend "Financial Peace University" it's changed my life and we have control over our finances. My wife and I have payed off all our debt, have an emergency fund of 4 months expenses and have money left over every month to put towards our next savings goal. All the while prepping and making money make sense. We no longer have stress about money. Give it a shot. They have a free trial.

Today, Amazon is the first company to lose a trillion dollars in stock value. You will have to look for crash news, ptb don't want it known I guess because folks quit spending.

Be careful.
30% interest?

Now that the election is over I expect fuel and energy prices to rise because no real political changes took place.

"

C.H. Robinson Announces Largest Layoff In The History Of Freight Brokerage

"

If it crashes really bad most of us won't be on the net talking about it. We are crashing, how hard we hit my kill the nation. It runs on fuel and the democrats don't want it to run.
The truth is that we have enough oil under US soil to be energy independent for decades. We also have the technology and capability to pull it out of the ground and refine it. If things get too bad we can resort to our own fuel independence. The US is in a good place compared to others.

Why we don't tap into that oil now is another debate.

Firearms!!! Fire arm stuff. AR15s will be more expensive. Stock market bad for GUNS and ammo……… "for the community guideline closure imminent."

Why can't we have this conversation if the members like to have it?? I understand it's a firearm forum but this is life. Also financials have quite a bit to do with firearms, if we can buy them or not. We have friends here. We should be able to have this kind of conversations. Your thoughts adman's??????
This is the preparedness and survival sub-forum.
Guns are maybe 10% (if that) of Preparedness and Survival.
Food, water, shelter, cooking, stockpiling, financials, technology, politics, tactics, skills & knowledge all apply.

Why have a preparedness and survival sub-forum if all we are allowed to discuss is guns.

This is the preparedness and survival sub-forum.
Guns are maybe 10% (if that) of Preparedness and Survival.
Food, water, shelter, cooking, stockpiling, financials, technology, politics, tactics, skills & knowledge all apply.

Why have a preparedness and survival sub-forum if all we are allowed to discuss is guns.
We're talking about 'Surviving the Crash' that we think is coming - or has already started - but we really can't predict how bad the crash will be.

If the Crash turns out to be the leading edge of another Dark Age, then all of our preps (including firearms) will be sorely needed - but might not be enough.

I don't know what percentage of our conversation in this thread has to stay focused on firearms. But being armed when/if the Crash happens seems like an important part of prepping.

If a major Crash does happen, and there are no gun & ammo factories for an extended time (years?) - we might need to be able to make our own Black Powder for awhile.

I highly recommend "Financial Peace University" it's changed my life and we have control over our finances. My wife and I have payed off all our debt, have an emergency fund of 4 months expenses and have money left over every month to put towards our next savings goal. All the while prepping and making money make sense. We no longer have stress about money. Give it a shot. They have a free trial.

I didn't do Dave ramsey's Financial Peace University...
But I got👇this👇book of his and followed it.

TMMO.jpg

Took a total of about 5 years to go from a net worth of negative $400,000 (yes, even with a nice house, I was wallowing in debt from an out-of-control-spending spouse w/no way to shut it down) to a positive net worth of $1.5 million+, a shift of almost $2 million (after I divorced her - for more than just her spending).
Paid the house off in just 12-1/2 years (on a 30-year note) in January 2018 and have not paid a penny of interest since. I'm on Step 7 of the 7 Steps, just building up wealth now. No house payment, no car payments, no credit card interest payments. Everything is cash now. The feeling is indescribably delicious, as you already know...

I didn't do Dave ramsey's Financial Peace University...
But I got👇this👇book of his and followed it.

View attachment 1322273

Took a total of about 5 years to go from a net worth of negative $400,000 (yes, even with a nice house, I was wallowing in debt from an out-of-control-spending spouse w/no way to shut it down) to a positive net worth of $1.5 million+, a shift of almost $2 million (after I divorced her - for more than just her spending).
Paid the house off in just 12-1/2 years (on a 30-year note) in January 2018 and have not paid a penny of interest since. I'm on Step 7 of the 7 Steps, just building up wealth now. No house payment, no car payments, no credit card interest payments. Everything is cash now. The feeling is indescribably delicious, as you already know...
That's amazing man!! Good for you!!! My wife and I are 2 years into that journey. Debt free working on step "3b" saving a down payment for a house. That book essentially is financial peace. Financial peace is just a teaching series teaching the same principles breaking them down a little further. Also teaching on insurance, investing and other things.

Your story is the picture perfect "average" of Ramsey's millionaire study where they studied over 10,000 millionaires. NICE JOB SIR!!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads