JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
YEP! I get a text at least once a week warning me my Amazon, Netflix, ect, account has been locked.
Same! What's funny is I don't even have an Amazon, Netflix, or whatever account... :s0140:

Same! What's funny is I don't even have an Amazon, Netflix, or whatever account... :s0140:
Yep, mass sent knowing someone will fall for it. About once a week I check and empty my spam folder. There is a TON of notifications about UPS, FedEx, Amazon, packages for me. The filter seems to catch them well. Sadly a lot of people will open the links and then follow instructions there :(

I just placed a buy limit order for one share of XLE at $76 price. If economy is crashing energy prices should fall, right?

OPEC is expecting oil demand to rise this year. We will see if they are right or wrong.

I just placed a buy limit order for one share of XLE at $76 price. If economy is crashing energy prices should fall, right?

OPEC is expecting oil demand to rise this year. We will see if they are right or wrong.
I read too much and by my reading I don't think energy prices will fall for some time. Our oil reserves were sold to the CCP and other countries. This morning there was a business talk show that eluded that the deals with China included selling them our natural gas. Which seems to be true as new laws restrictions on natural gas appliances are coming our way.

I read too much and by my reading I don't think energy prices will fall for some time. Our oil reserves were sold to the CCP and other countries. This morning there was a business talk show that eluded that the deals with China included selling them our natural gas. Which seems to be true as new laws restrictions on natural gas appliances are coming our way.
I am betting that is going to be the case.

Just an aside; I noticed today that diesel at the pump was 60 cents cheaper per gallon in Salem than the greater Portland area. I.E., $4.40 vs. $5
It's a trap.png

Gasbuddy shows $4.40 on the lower end for credit card pricing. Most are around $4.50 and a little higher. Fred Meyer is about $4.50, and Safeway is higher.
Yeah - I've been going by the prices I see when I drive by the stations. Not the best sampling method, but it is accurate for those stations. I think at Brooks it was $4.39 but I wonder if that is the PUC price or not.

Probably PUC price. Brooks isn't cheap for smaller rigs. They usually show both prices, but scrolling through takes long enough you may drive past before seeing the one you want.

I posted this because of the phrase "adopt the brace position". This reminds me of a time my then manager made a joke about some fixed price contracts with the government, at a company I worked at: he turned his back to us, he spread his legs, bent over and grabbed his ankles - and said "assume the position".

Liquidity Rules
  • If you feel compelled to issue a statement on liquidity, things are not liquid.
  • If you have to provide hundreds of billions of dollars to maintain liquidity, things are not liquid.
  • When multiple banks in the US and Europe have to be bailed out to stop runs on banks, things are not liquid.
  • When governments resort to forced shotgun marriages of banks, things are not liquid.

My gut tells me to order a couple of cases of 22lr. I love to shoot, it is my retirement hobby and I am getting a vibe I better stock up while it's $.06 and free delivery. o_O

Last Edited:
My gut tells me to order a couple of cases of 22lr. I love to shoot, it is my retirement hobby and I am getting a vibe I better stock up while it's $.06 and free delivery. o_O
I have ~31K rounds of .22 rimfire (mostly LR), about 24K of that is "bulk" cheap ammo, the rest is higher quality & specialty (e.g., subsonic, high velocity, etc.) & premium hunting ammo including match quality hunting ammo (low end match quality).

In .22 LR ammo, it is my impression that quality/cost makes a big difference in the accuracy dept as the "bulk ammo" and even some of the premium ammo has a significantly higher SD than centerfire ammo. For hunting small game, accuracy is more important than medium to large game; an inch off could mean a complete miss.

That is one reason why I just bought a .22 LR rifle with a sub-MOA guarantee. I am going to test it back to back with a Ruger American that costs half as much.

Your gut is wise. There is a panic shortage every so many years. Every time it happens there is a LOT of shooters who have seen these panic shortages multiple times who are again caught with their pants down. They are of course angry and here come the conspiracy threads. There is no talking them down by explaining how manufacturing works. Yes there will be another panic shortage some time. No, ammo you buy now stored properly will not "go bad". The stuff will outlive the buyer. Every time I shoot I take at least one .22 with me. Often several. They are fun and cheap. Wife loves them. So I keep enough ammo on hand to go a couple years of weekly shooting without buying more if needed. Few seem to learn this. :s0092:

I don't want to list all the crisis situations our country is going through today because I don't want it to turn political and the thread closed. I don't say this lightly, be ready.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads