JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
In preparation for the crash I am having a lot of work done on the house and grounds. With inflation already too high I decided better to spend some money than lose its value.

25 years ago I roofed the house and it took putting on a plywood solid deck, double underlayment and a top cap. It cost $5k. New roof this week is underlayment and top cap for $11k and there is now only five colors to choose from.

Point being inflation is still going up.

I concur with @Burt Gummer about the growing use of the PetroYuan and hence the growing risk to the PetroDollar.

There has been a boiling the frog happening for the last 30 years, and it may be accelerating. Check out the charts from this article and the fundamental change from 1990 to 2020.

I expect we'll see a major war with China over it. When the world doesn't need the PetroDollar it will become challenging for the USA to find buyers for it's debt. The people will scream, the politicians will be out of options, and *poof* we'll be into it.

A change of the informal, reserve currency has happened before and it will happen again. See second link.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/cp/biggest-trade-partner-of-each-country-1960-2020/

It's like a PedroDollar but oilier.

credit cards are fine, even quite useful, as long as you pay them off monthly.
But about half of Americans can't do that. The most recent stats (2022) say that 46% of Americans carry a balance from month to month. Poor suckers...

In normal times the government creates a recession about every ten years. It's good to stay out of debt so you don't lose everything. Now days is different, inflation is a killer of the middle class but add in they shut us down for 2 years so it's going to drag the crash out.

Try to stay out of debt, stay healthy and purchase wisely.

It looks like the booming economy they say is happening is booming from money people didn't have. When they run out of credit cards the crash goes full tilt.

But about half of Americans can't do that. The most recent stats (2022) say that 46% of Americans carry a balance from month to month. Poor suckers...

PetroDollar versus PetroYuan

I just can't see how the CCP pulls off being the world currency when they are $51 trillion in debt and their economy suffering from the world shutdown over covid.

It's going to take convincing the world that our dollar is bad but in reality the US is hated so much the world may want the CCP currency.

@Longwalkhome I've posted this one before. Note the change from 1990 to 2020. They've been boiling the frog for a while now.

I believe the CCP is $51 trillion in debt from building a huge military and infrastructure for their country. We depend so much on trade with China that it wouldn't surprise me if the trillions we have spent have bought some of China's debt so they don't collapse.

We spent $32 trillion and have zilch to show for it so you have to wonder where it went.

When the big crash hits it will change all trade in the world. My out preps for bad times is buy what you need now. :D

I even bought a second new coffee pot, it's dangerous to live without my coffee.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads