JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't know about that. There has to be some consideration for your time and a sure thing. Granted, it takes time to feed and care for your cattle, hogs, goats, whatever, but you are kind of hedging your bets. I know a lot of people every year that get skunked hunting. Raising your own ensures that you will have meat (not considering outliers such as disease and predators). The time spent hunting is time not spent at your home, protecting it, and doing other things for daily survival. Of course, as you stated, there is a time investment in learning how to do all of the animal husbandry, as there is for hunting, I guess.
I have deer crossing my property almost every day. I see them from time to time. Rabbits too.

That said, as noted, this is no guarantee of future meat.

I don't know about that. There has to be some consideration for your time and a sure thing. Granted, it takes time to feed and care for your cattle, hogs, goats, whatever, but you are kind of hedging your bets. I know a lot of people every year that get skunked hunting. Raising your own ensures that you will have meat (not considering outliers such as disease and predators). The time spent hunting is time not spent at your home, protecting it, and doing other things for daily survival. Of course, as you stated, there is a time investment in learning how to do all of the animal husbandry, as there is for hunting, I guess.
Yup, been skunked many a year. But to my way of thinking, I never really "lose" at hunting. I mainly do it for the oneness with nature, which is always much more intimate at 4AM in the deepest, darkest part of the wilderness when there is no other human being within 10 miles. Never get that depth of oneness through hiking, or rafting, or dirt biking, it only comes when hunting. I've seen more beautiful sun rises over the years than I can begin to count. Sure, bagging game is the goal and has great health benefits, but just killing an animal will never be the point for me.

Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands.
1650660239852.png

This doesn't sound good.

Once fuel went up then prices on everything went up so buying goes down. Inflation is robbing us just as it's meant to do. When Joe average runs out of money the crash will be felt around the world 🌎

Last Edited:

As the cancer goes on day by day folks don't see America is about gone. All that is left is the dollar and inflation is robbing us of those.

I'm watching a movie today in which the good old USA gets hammered by cyber attacks and EMP's.

Not far into the story, a sheriff and his deputy are stranded on a road, since their patrol car has fried and died. Along comes a geezer in his old truck, and the sheriff commandeers the truck. It's one of the few vehicles that is still working.

The geezer and his passenger try to resist, and find themselves locked up in the jailhouse.

Now, this has me thinking: Just how compliant am I going to be when the mayor of the nearby town sends armed men out to my farm to commandeer supplies "for the greater good"?

And if I'm simply thrown off of my place, how in the world would I ever be able to retake it?

How compliant will any of us be, in that situation?

Have any of you considered this in depth? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I keep remembering that little gal who was tackled by thug policemen and hauled out of her home during hurricane Katrina....

I'm watching a movie today in which the good old USA gets hammered by cyber attacks and EMP's.

Not far into the story, a sheriff and his deputy are stranded on a road, since their patrol car has fried and died. Along comes a geezer in his old truck, and the sheriff commandeers the truck. It's one of the few vehicles that is still working.

The geezer and his passenger try to resist, and find themselves locked up in the jailhouse.

Now, this has me thinking: Just how compliant am I going to be when the mayor of the nearby town sends armed men out to my farm to commandeer supplies "for the greater good"?

And if I'm simply thrown off of my place, how in the world would I ever be able to retake it?

Have any of you considered this in depth? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I keep remembering that little gal who was tackled by thug policemen and hauled out of her home during hurricane Katrina....
I would be extremely resistant to anybody trying to take anything of mine, regardless of who/what they are.

If SHTF, property, regardless of what it is, will be something that makes the difference between surviving and not surviving.

In that case, if someone did succeed in taking something from me that I need, they had better watch their back 24/7

I would be extremely resistant to anybody trying to take anything of mine, regardless of who/what they are.

If SHTF, property, regardless of what it is, will be something that makes the difference between surviving and not surviving.

In that case, if someone did succeed in taking something from me that I need, they had better watch their back 24/7

And if you had to retake your home and your preps?

I suppose a cache of weapons at a second location, and a group of friends who are willing to help could be the answer.

Name of the movie?:D

Went shopping today and it looks like consumables are rising in price quickly but as food rises the ammo is back on the shelves. I could buy most any ammo I would use today at Bimart and most any food I would want but prices are going to change buying habits.

And if you had to retake your home and your preps?

I suppose a cache of weapons at a second location, and a group of friends who are willing to help could be the answer.
I plan to sell and move here soon. The plan is to build on land I buy. Part of that plan is to make the house and shop somewhat defensible and self-sufficient.

Yes, an external secondary cache of backup guns/ammo/etc., is a consideration.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top