JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I oddly just stumbled across something similar in a gun shop in Isigny Del Ser France and couldn't live without it.

FB5F291E-D235-4CA1-80A4-9DE7FB263C91.jpeg

Less expensive than a full on setup?

Personally, I don't anticipate that if SHTF that I would be using that much shotgun ammo to where I would use up what I have stocked as I would only use most of it for hunting. Also, I think if there are restrictions on ammo, shotgun ammo will be one of the last or least affected.

Plus the idea of carrying shot, wads, powder etc. along while hunting - it seems just easier to carry loaded ammo.
Like 85 bones. Cheaper, yeah. All manual powered loading though and not as streamlined or easy as say... using a dedicated primer or crimping tool. You wouldn't want to do much volume with it.

Yeah. Definately easier to carry loaded vs. field reloading and packing components. If you were bugged out and didn't choose to take all your reloading tools.... a small kit like that could keep you running with minimal space and weight requirements, though.

$85ea and covering multiple guages... then it doesn't make much sense... cost wise.

I love a new gizmo but survival situations? I can't see carrying powder, primers and a bag of shot in a bug out situation. That's weight and space that could be better used for live ammo. If bugging in, I've got Dillon gear to load with.
Pass
Meant more for those that don't do much bulk reloading or in a bug out situation where you aren't likely to be taking along full sized reloading gear and a box full of dedicated tools, IMO.

The hobby reloader for plinking only in one guage but primarily shoots off the shelf shells... or vice versa. Primarily shoots off the shelf but wants the ability to do specialty loads once in a while without a massive investment... kinda thing(?)

I guess in a true SHTF situation where you're down to making your own powder, ripping off wallpaper for wadding and filling em with small rocks you might wish you had one.:s0155:

The main advantages being able to resize the brass and crimp for multi gun use and tube or mag feed.

Come to think of it, I don't really remember if the lee loader is able to resize. Kinda thinking it didn't, but I could be wrong.

Anyone?

Last Edited:
I guess in a true SHTF situation where you're down to making your own powder, ripping off wallpaper for wadding and filling em with small rocks you might wish you had one.:s0155:

The main advantages being able to resize the brass and crimp for multi gun use and tube or mag feed.

Come to think of it, I don't really remember if the lee loader is able to resize. Kinda thinking it didn't, but I could be wrong.

Anyone?
ripping off wallpaper for wadding
Oh my I guess I really am getting old, back in the day we would have used pages from a phone book or a Sears and send back catalogue... :s0062:

Anyone?
No.
By the time it gets to that I will be dead or the king of my own country.

ps How are going to make primers?

ps How are going to make primers?
You are aware that used primers can be recharged... correct? There are several DIY methods depending on complexity and what is available to you. Ie., roll caps and BP, strike anywhere matches, several chemical options.

Not ideal, but neither is using paper for wadding or rocks for shot. 😜

You are aware that used primers can be recharged... correct? There are several DIY methods depending on complexity and what is available to you. Ie., roll caps and BP, strike anywhere matches, several chemical options.

Not ideal, but neither is using paper for wadding or rocks for shot. 😜
I also realize that all those things you need to recharge your primers are going to be almost as hard to find as primers.

You might do better by just making a sling.

I also realize that all those things you need to recharge your primers are going to be almost as hard to find as primers.

You might do better by just making a sling.
Matches? I'm sure it would be a ton easier laying hands on matches (for awhile at least) than primers. Heck... 6 months ago you could hardly get primers within an online nation wide market. My local gas station mini-mart has matches. 🤣

Much simpler and cheaper to stock pile them too... since you're likely going to need them, anyway. There will always be the option to drill out actions and convert them to flint or wick fire, I guess. That's getting a little silly, though. 👍

Eventually, once all the ammo has been fired and all the primers and matches have disappeared... we'll all be down to slingshots and spears.

Well... crap. They added a crimp swage tool to the kit and that was, apparently, the tipping point temptation I couldn't resist for Christmas. 🤣

I will say it's an extremely well done up piece of kit. I reloaded a couple dozen shells and it works "pretty much" as advertised. Really a slick setup, however, the crimping by hand isn't as easy as it appears in the 'how to' video's. It really takes a good amount of pressure to get them crimped good and tight. You have to be very aware as well with your loads and using the appropriate wad thickness and layers so the petals meet properly at the dead center without leaving a gap. It took a few tries to get it right, but one you get it worked out the results were easily repeatable.

The swage tool is sure nice for uniformity and feeding shells though a couple different shotguns proved to rack and eject flawlessly.

All in all? There's no denying it's rippin spendy for what it is, but... on the other hand... sure is slick and adds some potential off-grid capability. More likely... "hold my beer, I got an ideer.." messing with non-typical loads around the campfire with some buddy's.

At least I'm honest. 🤣

If it matters, the owner was reallly quick and friendly answering a couple questions prior to ordering, shipped quick and very professionally packaged.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads