Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Survival series

Reactions
A while back there was a disaster Survival program on TV - It was a series in I believe Lousianna.
WHat it did was tried to understand the issues if there was a disaster . anarchy.

Anyone remember the name of the program. It would have been on one of the nature type channels

MountainBear

Reactions
It was called "The Colony" and was on discovery channel. More of an interesting sociological experiment than a survival show.

OP
S
Reactions
Thanks
Yeah I knew it was not a real survivor series - I Just did not know how to classify it

But it was interesting to see the sociological issues that would occur in that situation. The though processes and how other people may respond.

MountainBear

Reactions
I agree. It was worth watching, but didn't really get much but entertainment out of it. Although, often times, that's enough. And it looks as though there will be a season 3, so more entertainment. It will be interesting where they put them this time. Louisiana gave them a good opportunity last time, so it will be interesting where they put them to make it new and fresh...

OP
S
Reactions
I think the thing I took away - It is not just "Survival Preparation" but really there are several aspects:
1. Sociological Issues / Mob mentality
2. Psychology Issues
3. Physical Long term survival: Food, Water, shelter
4. Financial Issues

Then you start worrying more about the crazies and anarchy

Reactions
I thought thay took a break since they never went to the new house after it was over run from what I could tell. No further episodes showed up on my DVR after that either.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    With multiple FFL/shops closing over the last few months, it’s nice to see Ed doing so well...
    • PNW Partisan
  • Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    Ed's a great guy with a good peronality and good customer service. I enjoy supporting his small...
    • jaytee0115
  • Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    I will preface this with the fact that this poor reference is only based on my experience...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Wildcat Mountain
    5.00 star(s)
    This is my family's and my selfs favorite spot to go for hand gun practice and just plinking...
    • Tccae708
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    What a great deal on transfers. Good guy and he makes it very easy. He had fast communication...
    • glorydays4ever

Staff online