Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Survival series

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by sadiesassy, Apr 19, 2011.

1. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

A while back there was a disaster Survival program on TV - It was a series in I believe Lousianna.
    WHat it did was tried to understand the issues if there was a disaster . anarchy.

Anyone remember the name of the program. It would have been on one of the nature type channels

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

It was called "The Colony" and was on discovery channel. More of an interesting sociological experiment than a survival show.

3. sadiesassy

Thanks
    Yeah I knew it was not a real survivor series - I Just did not know how to classify it

But it was interesting to see the sociological issues that would occur in that situation. The though processes and how other people may respond.

4. MountainBear

I agree. It was worth watching, but didn't really get much but entertainment out of it. Although, often times, that's enough. And it looks as though there will be a season 3, so more entertainment. It will be interesting where they put them this time. Louisiana gave them a good opportunity last time, so it will be interesting where they put them to make it new and fresh...

5. sadiesassy

I think the thing I took away - It is not just “Survival Preparation” but really there are several aspects:
    1. Sociological Issues / Mob mentality
    2. Psychology Issues
    3. Physical Long term survival: Food, Water, shelter
    4. Financial Issues

Then you start worrying more about the crazies and anarchy

6. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

I thought thay took a break since they never went to the new house after it was over run from what I could tell. No further episodes showed up on my DVR after that either.

7. sadiesassy

Probably cancelled due to lack of interest

8. MountainBear

More's the pity. Like I said, it didn't offer much in the way "survival" info, but it was an interesting study on how people interacted and coped with an adverse situation...

9. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I had a hard enough time getting through the supposed comedy, Bio-Dome