Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Survival Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by treemanx, May 5, 2009.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Looking for a nice new or newer survival rifle. Interested in all kinds, let me know what you have. Not too fond of anything plastic or with plastic components.
    Must be steel and wood, any action, over/under shotgun/.22lr perferred, but interested in bolt actions as well.

Thanks!

2. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Your definition of "survival rifle"?

Springfield M6 Scout probably comes close, but the ammo compartment cover
    is plastic. The Savage 24 series guns were available in various O/U combos,
    and are all steel/wood, but they are getting a bit harder to find.

3. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Ive owned two of the Springfield Armory M6 Scouts, and they're great guns, but I want something thats not quite so expensive, that I can use backpacking and not have to worry that I might damage it.

Savage makes current production model 24's, in many different combinations of shotgun and rifle calibers over & under. I would love to have one of the new ones, but havent seen them for sale anywhere yet.

4. m'kay13

m'kay13 Boardman, OR Member

Bi-Mart can order you any make and model of Savage.
    Any gun shop can do the same.

5. deerbandit

deerbandit Washington State New Member

I own a Sprigfield Armory M-6 Sout in .22 lr and .410. If you want a small packable all metal gun you cant beat it. They are hard to find and it took me just under 2 years to find this one but it was worth it. Every time I go out in the woods I have my .40 cal. Glock and in my pack I carry the M-6. You wont regret buying one. Good luck with what ever you get.

6. johnny5

johnny5 battle ground wa Member

I have a ar7 in the box it is in great shape but it has a plastic stock that you would be hard pressed to break unless you tried to break it it folds up into the but of the stock and is a great carry gun it is sold as a survival gun if interested contact me at jtmac1945@yahoo.com. john

7. jmac3434

jmac3434 SE portland Member

check out the marlin pappoose. great little break down pack rifle! i love mine

8. hariph creek

hariph creek vancouver, wa. Active Member

I've got a Taurus model 63 (take down semi-auto, feeds through the stock, ALL steel and wood), I'm looking to sell.

9. hariph creek

hariph creek vancouver, wa. Active Member

Sorry didn't notice this is an Oregon posting

10. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Did anyone notice that this thread is from May of 2009? I would think the OP has found one by now as well as unsubscribed from this thread.