JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A couple of years ago I started carrying an AR-7 rifle (.22 cal., 8 rd. mag) in the built-in tool box in the back seat of my Toyota Tacoma. The good folks at Toyota left enough room for the gun (folded of course), an axe, saw, tools, rope, binoculars and a lot of other stuff for an off-road excursion gone bad. Most of you know this niffty little rifle stores in it's own plastic stock and is only 15 inches long when stored. Am I breaking the law? I have 3 mags for it and don't keep them loaded.

You should be fine because it's not a handgun. I had a rifle rack behind the seat of my pickup when I was in high school. You also wouldn't violate any local loaded carry ordinance.

166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section or ORS 166.260, 166.270, 166.274, 166.291, 166.292 or 166.410 to 166.470 or section 5, chapter 826, Oregon Laws 2009, a person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if the person knowingly:
(a) Carries any firearm concealed upon the person;
(b) Possesses a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle; or

Oh yeah, high school and the gun rack, remember it well. We had a large farm in those days and I'd keep a .22 Winchester Mod. 06 behind the seat of the old Chevy '61 Apatche 10. As I remember, I didn't even lock it, no gun of course. Thanks for the reply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top