JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man I quit reading them years ago.All they were was the same article written by different writers,over and over again.

How about a nice cooking or knitting mag instead?;)

Fur-Fish-Game || The Hunting, Fishing, & Fur Trapping Magazine for Practical Outdoorsmen

I've enjoyed this magazine the few times I've been able to find it. The most self reliant man I've ever met always had this one on hand. 30 years in Alaska living in a wall tent for 7 to 8 months a year. Always drove up from Washington in a beat up truck every March or April and left every October or so. Hunted small game, hand cut poles for his wall tent, cut firewood with a hand-saw, cooked over wood heat. His truck always reminded me of the old pack mules in old tintype photos...

anybody have a favorite subscription to a survival or any weapon magazines that you like, and what makes it your favorite?

I am curious for Christmas present purposes, for my wife of course! :s0114:

On YOUTUBE:

The Nutnfancy Project
USNERDOC Project
Scootch00 Project
Dozens of hours of gear reviews and survival related training

I haven't read any of those survival magazines but now I want to check out Backwoodsman!
I gave up on most of the gun magazines since most of them now appear to be more advertisements than true objective reviews and they all seem to review the same batch of custom uber-1911s each month. If I'm in the store I'll pick up one or two if they have a gun I'm interested in though (then mutter something about spending $6 on a 2 page review after reading it).
At least I now know every handgun on the planet is "plenty accurate at combat distance" and will feed any ammunition you try in it! :s0114:

Shooting Illustrated is a good John-Everyman kind of gun mag. They tend to review firearms the average person can afford to own, not all of these "Uber Custom 1911s" and $9000 precision tactical rifles. Pretty much the only one I buy anymore, aside from The Backwoodsman and my American Rifleman I get in the mail every month.

Backwoods Home out of Gold Beach Oregon is about the best all around magazine. We have all 16 anthologies that cover all the magazines and its timeless. If your ever passing through Gold Beach or visiting the Southern Oregon Beachs stop on in at their office by the SubWay sandwich store. They are friendly folks and will sell ya books & stuff cheaper than ordering it. The anthologies run $20 a piece, but she sold them to us for $5 each! They were seconds, but hardly as it was usually a few folded pages or creased cover:s0114: My favorite magazine of all time was Wilderness Way as I collected all 60 issues until the owner closed up shop last spring. Its more of a primitive skills magazine. Backwoodsman is an excellant magazine too. I have their "Best Of" issues and its crammed full of fun projects. Other than those the only magazine I'll part my money with is the classic- Fur Fish Game.

A bit off subject but has anybody seen the Back to Basics book, I think by Readers Digest. It is a fascinating how to book on everything from cabin building to wicker furniture. Highly recommend it for survival or rural living.

Backwoods Home out of Gold Beach Oregon is about the best all around magazine. We have all 16 anthologies that cover all the magazines and its timeless. If your ever passing through Gold Beach or visiting the Southern Oregon Beachs stop on in at their office by the SubWay sandwich store. They are friendly folks and will sell ya books & stuff cheaper than ordering it. The anthologies run $20 a piece, but she sold them to us for $5 each! They were seconds, but hardly as it was usually a few folded pages or creased cover:s0114: My favorite magazine of all time was Wilderness Way as I collected all 60 issues until the owner closed up shop last spring. Its more of a primitive skills magazine. Backwoodsman is an excellant magazine too. I have their "Best Of" issues and its crammed full of fun projects. Other than those the only magazine I'll part my money with is the classic- Fur Fish Game.

You hit the nail on the head, on top of that Masad Ayoob is also a contributing writer there and has a blog on the backwoods home website.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top