JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I'll admit that I'm kinda new to the whole "survival" thing. And I'll further admit that up until recently I kind of looked at the survivalist types as tin foil hat wearing government haters. Color me ingorant-purple if you like. Anywho, recently a guy I work with turned me on to the possibility of various SHTF scenarios, everything from the collapse of the dollar, to possibility of an EMP strike (hint: and EMP is NOT a little 9mm made by Springfield; if you don't know what it is, Google it or go watch Goldeneye or something) and I have begun, slowly but surely, to prepare. So I figured I'd throw down a few observations I've made:

1. Start small: heck, preparing ain't cheap. A little bit here and a little bit there will keep you fat, happy and safe in the long run.
2. Dollar Stores are where its at: Not only do they carry cheap staples (which I would imagine are of the same quality that you would pay three times for at Fred's or Albertson's or wherever) but also dental care, medical supplies, seeds, etc. Dollar Stores rock. Period.
3. Craigslist it: If you think you might need it, CL has got it, locally and cheap ('cept guns. But hey, that's why we've got NWFA)
4. Stay in shape: I'm not saying all survivalists should be marathon runners (I myself would likely drop dead as the result of running a marathon) but anything you do that breaks a sweat and keeps your heart pumping for at least 15 minutes is good for you.
5. Know your ground: Understand your living environment, I.E, hiking trails, back roads, trails under and around bridges, shortcuts, etc. Maps have got nothing on terrain familiarity.
6. Guns guns guns: Guns and ammo, for defense and bartering. 'Nuff said.

Above all else, never feel alone in what you do and how what you believe. Never feel like you are the only one who fears the worst but hopes for the best. :cool:

remember the rules:

1. Cardio
2. The Double Tap
3. Beware of Bathrooms
4. Wear Seat Belts
5. No Attachments
6. The "Skillet"
7. Travel Light
8. Get a Kick *** Partner
9. With your Bare Hands
10. Don't Swing Low
11. Use Your Foot
12. Bounty Paper Towels
13. Shake it Off
14. Always carry a change of underwear
15. Bowling Ball
16. Opportunity Knocks
17. Don't be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
18. Limber Up
19. Break it Up
20. It's a marathon, not a sprint, unless it's a sprint, then sprint
21. Avoid Strip Clubs
22. When in doubt Know your way out
23. Zipplock
24. Use your thumbs
25. Shoot First
26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27. Incoming!
28. Double-Knot your Shoes
29. The Buddy System