JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All the glaring lack of logic aside, I still think it's a pretty fun show.

Always wondered this -- If 90% of the population is zombified and all the department stores are abandoned, why are they still wearing the same smelly clothes after 3 seasons? Borrow a new pair of Levis FFS.
And yeah, I always found the motorhome thing hilarious too. The only vehicle they "upgraded" to (aside from the Challenger for half an episode) was a freakin Hyundai Tuscon. Seriously, a Hyundai? Wasn't the hospital Rick woke up in surrounded with abandoned Humvees and such?
Seriously though, it does make you look at some of the major differences between bugging out vs. digging in.

All the glaring lack of logic aside, I still think it's a pretty fun show.

Always wondered this -- If 90% of the population is zombified and all the department stores are abandoned, why are they still wearing the same smelly clothes after 3 seasons? Borrow a new pair of Levis FFS.
And yeah, I always found the motorhome thing hilarious too. The only vehicle they "upgraded" to (aside from the Challenger for half an episode) was a freakin Hyundai Tuscon. Seriously, a Hyundai? Wasn't the hospital Rick woke up in surrounded with abandoned Humvees and such?
Seriously though, it does make you look at some of the major differences between bugging out vs. digging in.

Cause Hyundai gave the show MONEY. Product placement. And if I am not mistaken the car the used was later given to a fan.

God I hate this show, as the OP pointed out, it's exactly how you don't survive.

The first season was interesting, then it seems like they ran out of story, it got stupid, and stupider. They should have just stopped when the CDC blew up, and they all should have died there. At least then I would have thought it was a good series. Season two broke all images of that, it got stupid, and boring, followed by more stupid, more boring and more crap drama I didn't have time for.

You do know it's supposed to be for entertainment right? It's not really meant to be a tutorial. Sometimes we just need to turn off our brain and be mesmerized by the bright lights and loud noises. It is what it is.:rolleyes:

Anyone who was still entertained by this after the first season is someone who probably shouldn't have a drivers license or be able to vote. They most certainly should never handle anything more dangerous than vinegar and all of their forks should have corks on the end of them because it's pretty clear to me they can't be entrusted with their own safety, much less the future of the republic. In fact, they should probably be frog-marched into a soylent factory because it's pretty clear they have no future and nothing to contribute.

Shows like this are successful because they, like the new Battlestar Galactica, are just glorified soap operas. The zombies, the space battles, are all secondary to the stories of how people interact with one another.

I enjoy the show in spite of the glaring PCness. No one carries a decent military M4 or AK that you could actually use to defend yourself with, because, God forbid, the producers wouldn't want inspired demand for evil black rifles to increase like it has for Colt Pythons.

Keith

"Shows like this are successful because they, like the new Battlestar Galactica, are just glorified soap operas. The zombies, the space battles, are all secondary to the stories of how people interact with one another."

I used to view Baywatch because of the social interaction between the characters.

While I believe the show has become a bit silly, I do very much enjoy it. I believe the whole chapter of The Governor should have closed with the end of the third season. I actually read each and every one of the comic books online. It is depressing and a surprisingly good read. It's like a monthly version of Cormac McCarthy's "The Road".

People that watch the show should be Soylent Green? That seems harsh. I would reserve that for viewer's of The View, MSNBC, CNN and The Oprah channel.

People that watch the show should be Soylent Green? That seems harsh. I would reserve that for viewer's of The View, MSNBC, CNN and The Oprah channel.

Hmm, maybe not. Like cows with bovine spongiform encephalitis, I wouldn't want to risk whatever infects those folks on the rest of the population by mixing them in with the chow.

Keith

Hmm, maybe not. Like cows with bovine spongiform encephalitis, I wouldn't want to risk whatever infects those folks on the rest of the population by mixing them in with the chow.

Keith

Very true. If we are in fact what we eat, I'd rather get my fill of people in touch with reality. Also, I suddenly don't mind being called a pussy(If that gets bubblegummed, I'm referring to another name for a house cat.).

If Rick is cop why how come he did not know the prison was there?

Rick was a Sheriff in a small town, he crossed a state line while searching for his wife, but really, he is simply not that bright of a man. Any LEO that packs a 6" Python in a holster made for a 5" barreled revolver is more a Deputy Dawg than a Super Trooper

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top