JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hacks are cute toys and what to do when you haven't properly prepared your kit.

Prep your gear correctly and you don't need hacks, just knowledge and practice.

Just my 2¢ - didn't mean to be down on the thread, I just see "hacks" as not worth knowing if you know how to do things correctly.

Need a quick and dirty burglar alarm?
Hanging baskets are being stolen in our neighborhood, it was even on the local news!
So, the wife's new Mother's Day basket sports concentric rings of fish hooks and bells on 15# test monofilament line around the baskets hook end! Time will tell if I catch a fish! :D

If you live in an area that has pheasants, you can take some old 7" metal stove pipe and drill some small holes around one end and then tie some 6 lb fishing line across the opening to make a spider web.
Place the pipe in the brush where pheasants like to run, then place some wild bird seed inside near the end where the fishing line is tied off.
Pheasants and chickens can't walk backwards, so after entering the pipe to eat the seed they will try and walk out the spider web end.
They catch their neck feathers in the mono line and are truly stuck.

Last Edited:
I keep a Lifestraw water filter in the trunk of my car. To keep it from getting crushed by all the other stuff that gets tossed/stacked in there, I made this shell:

View attachment 364546

View attachment 364547

I like that!

I am making ones for mine:cool:.

I'm always packing them as high up in my packs as I can because of my concern for crushing them.

I've even considered one of the pumps just because they look more durable for packing...

Got a really good one - ever 'fished' for deer? Well you fashion a large 'fishhook' out of rebar, steel rod etc. and create an 'eyeloop' on one end. Attach a chain to this and hang it from a tree. 'Bait' the hook by stabbing apples on it (deer love apples) and ensure the hook is about 6' off the ground. The deer will jump for the apples and become impaled on the hook. You will have a deer in the morning.

If only one could guarantee it was a spiked buck...

Interesting idea if you need meat or die.

IMG_1406.PNG

I keep a Lifestraw water filter in the trunk of my car. To keep it from getting crushed by all the other stuff that gets tossed/stacked in there, I made this shell:

View attachment 364546

View attachment 364547

Are the holes required? I have a few life straws and I just put them in my bug out bag but I like the PVC protector and am planning on making a few.

Thank you

Are the holes required? I have a few life straws and I just put them in my bug out bag but I like the PVC protector and am planning on making a few.

Thank you

I put the holes in it for airflow, so it can dry out after being used. Wouldn't want the thing to start growing mildew inside its shell.

Come alongs are about $20 but that is creative;)

Yar.

That info is now filed away for when a winch might fail, and no come along is at hand (can also use a high lift jack as a come along).

Something might happen when we don't have my truck, and help isn't available.

-Shoot never had to use the winch other than to test it for function. Reminds me that's due. Best to always drive to not get stuck, but stuff happens...

Yar.

That info is now filed away for when a winch might fail, and no come along is at hand (can also use a high lift jack as a come along).

Something might happen when we don't have my truck, and help isn't available.

-Shoot never had to use the winch other than to test it for function. Reminds me that's due. Best to always drive to not get stuck, but stuff happens...
But if it comes to you having to make your own come a long give up the end of the world is near

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top