JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I didn't see a thread about the clever little hacks that people figure out. If that thread exists, maybe the mods will merge this one in.

That said, I'll start one by posting a YouTube link here that shows how to turn plastic bottles into long strips. The strips could be used as fishing line, or twisted together to make a sturdy string or small rope.

Though most people here already have hearing protection, Nerf bullets also make great earplugs for lower impact applications like mowing the lawn. And onlookers tend to leave you the hell alone.

I was told when I was a kid you could catch a Quail bird with a mayonnaise jar just dig a hole put jar in it's up to the top put bird seed in jar birds come to eat seed and get stuck in jar once they get in they can't back out lol I have never tried it kinda a mith busters deal lol

I keep a Lifestraw water filter in the trunk of my car. To keep it from getting crushed by all the other stuff that gets tossed/stacked in there, I made this shell:

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

I was told when I was a kid you could catch a Quail bird with a mayonnaise jar just dig a hole put jar in it's up to the top put bird seed in jar birds come to eat seed and get stuck in jar once they get in they can't back out lol I have never tried it kinda a mith busters deal lol
Years ago I met a guy that worked at a cattle feed lot at a ranch in E. Oregon. The quail would come down every morning and feed on the spilled grain while he was filling the troughs.
But the boss wouldn't let him shoot them.

So he took about a Qt of the grain and pickled it in Everclear in a mason jar for a week or so.
He sprinkled it on the ground one icy Jan. morning along with some regular grain, and watched from his pickup.
When the quail came down to eat, they got into the pickled grain along with the regular, and soon some of them were falling down drunk and couldn't fly.
So he wrung some necks and bagged 'em up for supper.

He said it only worked in the dead of winter though, 'cuz in warm weather the booze evaporated too fast.

Years ago I met a guy that worked at a cattle feed lot at a ranch in E. Oregon. The quail would come down every morning and feed on the spilled grain while he was filling the troughs.

So he took about a Qt of the grain and pickled it in Everclear in a mason jar for a week or so.
He sprinkled it on the ground one icy Jan. morning along with some regular grain, and watched from his pickup.
When the quail came down to eat, they got into the pickled grain along with the regular, and soon some of them were falling down drunk and couldn't fly.

He said it only worked in the dead of winter though, 'cuz in warm weather the booze evaporated too fast.
That's awesome I used to live in southern California we would hunt quail and I did a lot of dove hunting great to eat just takes 4/5 birds per person to have a big meal lol

Got a really good one - ever 'fished' for deer? Well you fashion a large 'fishhook' out of rebar, steel rod etc. and create an 'eyeloop' on one end. Attach a chain to this and hang it from a tree. 'Bait' the hook by stabbing apples on it (deer love apples) and ensure the hook is about 6' off the ground. The deer will jump for the apples and become impaled on the hook. You will have a deer in the morning.

Got a really good one - ever 'fished' for deer? Well you fashion a large 'fishhook' out of rebar, steel rod etc. and create an 'eyeloop' on one end. Attach a chain to this and hang it from a tree. 'Bait' the hook by stabbing apples on it (deer love apples) and ensure the hook is about 6' off the ground. The deer will jump for the apples and become impaled on the hook. You will have a deer in the morning.
I'M willing to bet my next paycheck that's illegal but it would work

You're supposed to drown them in wine or brandy.

Beat up green walnuts in a gunnysack thrown in a pond'll do your belly good too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top