JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've noticed a lot of people on here paint their guns, and gear, or buy all their gear matching, which I do to, but my question is, why do some people get tan or desert colored gear, when they live in Portland?? I look out my window and see dark green, it's the bottom of Forest Park, therefore, I buy OD green, woodland camo, etc.. Just wondering what some people think.

I've seen people in Forks wearing desert camo, they might have well been wearing a clown suits.

Camoflague makes you blend into your environment and not gets you noticed, thats all. Wear what gets you that. Could be blue jeans, could be some fancy John Wayne tiger stripe, and in some metro areas, could be your wife's frilly nighty.

As for guns, I'll leave mine pretty until I find the need to make them blend in.

Last Edited:
So I've noticed a lot of people on here paint their guns, and gear, or buy all their gear matching, which I do to, but my question is, why do some people get tan or desert colored gear, when they live in Portland?? I look out my window and see dark green, it's the bottom of Forest Park, therefore, I buy OD green, woodland camo, etc.. Just wondering what some people think.

Because nothing in nature is black...ever. Did you know that there is even pink in desert camo uniforms?

One thing I've learned from camo is that is almost always better to "soften" colors than it is to darken them. Ever wonder how tigers can blend in so well in the jungle?

It isn't so much about color, but breaking up the outline. You never want anything one color unless you are in an all winter environment; then you want to go as much white as possible. But did you know that if you go only half white in the winter, it is better to wear winter pants and a camo jacket over camo pants and a winter jacket?

If you want to know more about camoflauge, I recommend the book The Ultimate Sniper.

Black does exist in nature
Pink does exist in the desert, at dawn and dusk
Tigers "Blend in" because thier prey is color blind and have dicontinous brains with little 3 dimensional vision.
Men are the oppisite and they now have night vision and thermal vision ($1400)
Thermal vision rewrites the rules, might as well wear a business suit, or a clown suit.

Black does exist in nature
Pink does exist in the desert, at dawn and dusk
Tigers "Blend in" because thier prey is color blind and have dicontinous brains with little 3 dimensional vision.
Men are the oppisite and they now have night vision and thermal vision ($1400)
Thermal vision rewrites the rules, might as well wear a business suit, or a clown suit.

Ghost Camouflage - Texplorer

Anti-Nightvision camouflage «

Seems promising... does anyone know if there is an clothing product out on the market yet?

-d

Ghost Signature reduction System

Blucher_Systems_Ghost_Anti-Thermal_IR_Camouflage_1.jpg

Defense Review - Blucher Systems Ghost Soldier Camouflage and Spectralflage Vehicle Camo: Multispectral Combat Camouflage Fabric Technology that Provides Anti-Thermal/IR (Infrared) Camo for 21st Century Special Warfare (SPECWAR)

Tan is an excellent base color, hit it with some Krylon to match you AO and you'll be GTG. Bambi is not OD and blends in fine in the PNW.

Yes but as AIP mentioned all you need is a thermal optic so you might as well not even bother wearing camo. And since an EMP is eminent don't bother with anything electrical either.

Wait, that is kinda self defeating...how about we just say that if you want to paint your gun whatever color you want to paint your gun that it is perfectly fine to do so and if you can afford to fork out the money for thermal optics then that is recommended.

As JG Wentworth states...

"It's your money, use it when you need it!"

I have plenty of camo gear, different colors and design for different and seasons. I also, plenty of street clothes new and worn out, depends on where i am going and the situation. As far a black on a moonless night, step into a shadon anywhere in a city or woods and you completely disappear, night time is the best time for sneaking around and scavaging and just be careful a lot people will shoot at anything that moves at night.

If there is a gang guarding a whare house of food I am going to hit around 3am when they are sleeping, gives me enough time to get in and out, and to hide until the next night to slip back to my place, the trick is to get in and out and no one to know you were there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top