JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Time for a Richard Nixon mask. I am not a crook.

I think this might be better..... the_king_bk.jpg

Sure look like cameras.

I will try to upload a photo of the set-up later. (I am at work now)

View attachment 245349

They look kind of like this.

The camera housing you show is actually low tech by todays standards, commonly known as a "cyber dome". They've been around for at least 20 years that I can recall. Capabilities include remotely controlled 360 degree panning, both horizontally and vertically, night vision and a high zoom magnification. There are more of these showing up, but in smaller versions that will eventually be next to impossible to identify. You can see these now all over Portland on major streets that intersect bike lanes. In another configuration (fixed cylinder housings at traffic lights) they have been explained as traffic flow monitors for engineering purposes...if you like that flavor of Kool-Aid.

In another configuration (fixed cylinder housings at traffic lights) they have been explained as traffic flow monitors for engineering purposes...if you like that flavor of Kool-Aid.

From Clark County's website:
<broken link removed>

Another project, Signal Timing Evaluation, Verification and Enhancement, will install equipment near county's traffic signals to record travel times. The project also will allow the county to measure how traffic arrives with respect to the green, yellow and red cycles at traffic signals. This information will allow traffic engineers to improve signal timing and obtain specific effectiveness measures.

Kool_Aid.jpg

I travel to China often, and I can tell you they record video at every streetcorner in every city, as massive a task as it is. The video is stored, and if a "situation" arises, they can replay what happened anywhere - to the minute.

So, no, there aren't people watching the camera feeds - that would be ridiculous - but no criminal can get away with anything in any Chinese city. Unless approved by their government, of course.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top