JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In any incident where you are surrounded by people who are banging on your car and preventing you from moving and behaving in a hostile and belligerent manner, and any average person having seen the riots of L.A. on TV and else where, one could easily understand that person panicking and driving through the crowd. Just remember that the first person to call 911 is usually perceived as the innocent one by the police.

"Just remember that the first person to call 911 is usually perceived as the innocent one by the police."

So be the first one to call the police before putting the car in gear.

He also said drivers need to ask themselves other questions: "How serious is this mob? Are they armed? Do they have bats?"
I have issue with this.

Fists are just as deadly...

Start banging on the window and blocking my exit is a one way ticket to finding yourself rolling under the car like a raccoon on the highway. I'm claustrophobic so couple the lack of an exit with being threatened.. bad combination.

But... I'll make sure to avoid the situation from the start.

Seems like the right thing to do, they, regardless of who they are, have zero right in interfering with the free and safe passage of another individual...

Personally, I wouldn't have taken so long to get out of there. Begin the push, pick up speed until your free...

Yep like putting the pedal to the floor and letting the coal roll!!!:D

1- Smoke grenades or discharge a dry type fire extinguisher to obscure what are probably dozens of cell phones videoing.
2- Turn up your car stereo playing a cd of a crowd chanting "death, death, kill them all"
2- Step on gas in reverse
3- Step on gas in drive
4- repeat 2 & 3 as necessary.
5- dispose of the cd when you get to safety.
:eek:

Best to not be there in the first place. My office is downtown. Whenever there are protests planned, the company closes early and sends the employees home. A few times, they have closed completely and told us the night before, don't come downtown in the morning. Many of us can work from home. If I was caught off guard and blocked by protesters, I would use as much restraint as possible before taking action. Running them down trying to get away or opening fire would be a last resort because in Portland, I would most likely be charged regardless of my claim that I feared for my life.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top