JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at the 747 or 749 figure for bulk loading 5.56 would be good.
Anyone know if the 747 would work with 06 loads for the garand? Supposed to be blc-2 and close to h4895 on burn chart. Just can't see any load data for it.

Anyone know if the 747 would work with 06 loads for the garand? Supposed to be blc-2 and close to h4895 on burn chart. Just can't see any load data for it.
The 747 was supposedly used in a frangible 5.56 military load. The 749 was supposedly used for a short time in the M118LR load.

Screenshot_20211219-121550.png

Last Edited:
The 749 may be a little hot for your garand. There were reports of it causing problems in M14s and is why they switched to rl15 for M118lr ammo. This is all internet forum info so take it with lots of salt.

I am suspicious of the recent batches of powder that American Reloading is selling as WC products. FedArm has sold surplus powder with similar numbers FSP747, FSP749 and FSP759. The FSP powders are from Russia. Has anybody bought and received any of the WC 747, WC 749 or WC 759 from American Reloading?

I contacted American Reloading to get more info on the powder types but haven't heard back yet. The WC 759 is almost gone now.

I want to follow this conversation. I've also been trying to find information on these powders with not much luck. RE: 749, I've seen it compared to WC 846 as well as Reloader 15.

I want to follow this conversation. I've also been trying to find information on these powders with not much luck. RE: 749, I've seen it compared to WC 846 as well as Reloader 15.
I just heard back from American Reloading and they said both the WC-749 and the WC-759 are ball powders so it's probably safe to assume they are from the St. Marks plant. It looks like the WC-749 is still available in 16lb and 32lb lots. 8lb lot appears sold out.

Just ordered two jugs of BR-5 pistol powder from Pats Reloading, fourteen pounds total. Surplus, not pull-down.
It's a tad slower than Unique, but if you look at the recipes posted in various forums, it performs well in *all* the pistol calibers I reload. Was tempted to add the 7883 surplus to it, but when you read how temperamental it is, it's not worth the $65.
The shipping is a "bend over, grab your cheeks" joke, $64 including hazmat. Cost comes out to $26/lb when all is said and done.
The only thing that keeps me from buying Midwest repackaged powder is there is not much information on the powder series they are selling, and there is a dearth of information on loads using those powders. For example, WTF is MP655 (or SMP770) powder?

I miss when they used to say 'similar to…' and at least give us someThing more to work with than just a velocity with 55gr bullets.
I do too I know these Midwest Powders are labeled as something else, either for commercial or military use. I wish the owner would spend some time here answering questions about these powders.

I miss when they used to say 'similar to…' and at least give us someThing more to work with than just a velocity with 55gr bullets.
I just looked through the Lee load data for 55g 223 loads and didn't see anything that matched up with the data they provided. A big question I would have is what's the temp sensitivty of the powder?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top