JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here have a love for surplus pistols like I do?

I have a CZ-82 that is a typical CZ. Dead nuts accurate and predictably reliable. I even carry it from time to time.

Anyone else got a surplus pistol they like or even carry? Sorry I have no pics of this one right now.....

Ok, Ok. I have a couple. I mean, really, only two!

My CZ-52 is a neat gun! Fun to shoot, but a very heavy trigger. I can shoot well with it out to about 75feet.
P1010260.jpg

My Tokarev has a nice trigger and shoots well to 50 feet.
TTC-46-crop.jpg

I have both the cz82 and 52 once you fix the horrible trigger on the 52 it is accurate the 82 is one of the most accurate pistols i have ever had 2 mags at 25 ft gave a ragged hole of 1 1/2 in at the widest part. This was after looking at that slick barrel and thinking it was shot out.It lives in my truck door.

I plan on getting a 52 and an 82 once I'm done with my pre-ban purchases and have my C&R. The paperwork is on it's way to me :)

One of the first handguns I shot was my father's P-38 which he brought back from WW2 (and which has now been passed to me). I do not shoot the P-38 as it is too valuable; but I bought a surplus P-1 (which for all intents is the German new designation). The P1 could be had for as little as $250 in nearly unused condition a year ago (as the German Army was replacing this with, I think, HK).

Over the years, I have collected a WW1 USGI 1911, a Bulgarian Makarov, a CZ 82, a P6 (German Police version of the Sig P-225). I don'[t have a WW2 1911 as the prices have gone up so much! I have thought about a P-08 (Lugar) but the least expensive one I saw was about $900.

I have thought about a Browning P-35 as well, but I've heard their triggers are not so great (the reason the British SAS went to the Sig P-226)...but it is a "classic" military arm....

Count me in, I'm a 9x18 nut, just picked up a gorgeous East German Makarov this morning form a fellow at a flea market. Needs a new safety spring detente and were ready to rock and roll. Paid $175.00 OTD, gun is easily 97% and the replacement spring is $1.96 from numrich. Fellow is there every weekend and usually has C&R early American revolvers, H&R, Iver Johnson etc., etc., etc., that hold no interest for me.
G.R.

I know what you mean but they have to make a living too, I just wish it wasn't on my back that they felt they needed to profit. My CZ 52 shot so poorly with any ammo I used I finally converted it to 9MM and the thing is a tack driver with most ammo I use, it especially loves S&B range ammo, a slower round but much more accurate than anything else I have tried. I had a problem with feed for about the first 100 rounds then the problem disappeared. I haven't pulled it apart yet to smooth up the trigger pull, that will be a winter project.
G.R.